Clear All

• Cure for AIDS found

http://content.health.msn.com/conten.../97/104268.htm

w00t

Re: Cure for AIDS found

not a cure

Comment

It's for HIV isn't it? Even still, its close enough to one out of anything seen yet (besides in sci-fi novels).

Comment

well... not aids... but the causer of aids.. so...aids... :)
        people who currently have aids may not be curable, but HIV+ patients will be.. thus maybe ending aids altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
          well... not aids... but the causer of aids.. so...aids... :)
          people who currently have aids may not be curable, but HIV+ patients will be.. thus maybe ending aids altogether
          Did you read the article? Or just the headline?

The vaccine doesn't stop people from getting HIV or AIDS. It's only been tested on 18 people. It didn't mention whether or not it's effective in preventing the transmission or reception of HIV.

Bottom line is that this doesn't cure anything, but it certainly appears to be a better treatment than the expensive and complicated "cocktails" that current AIDS patients are enduring...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

i stops the diease, but it doesnt stop you from getting it.. i knew that much..

Comment

Yeah, it's not a cure... and it doesn't completely stop ppl from getting AIDS after they are HIV infected. It's a tailor made vaccine based on each individual and the results will vary.

On the upside, it's great to see / hear some progress is being made.

I also would hate for ppl to think now that they can ignore AIDS and start being careless.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

The researchers warn that their study is only proof of principle. It's still not clear which patients do best with the vaccine, although there's evidence that vaccination should be given as soon after HIV infection as possible. Only clinical trials comparing people who get the vaccine to those who don't can show whether this vaccine really is an effective AIDS therapy.
                Not a cure BUT it is a promising direction in research to fight this disease.

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman
                  Not a cure BUT it is a promising direction in research to fight this disease.
                  A direction which will hopefully help us gain a foothold and then cure AIDS.

Comment

i had aids last week man that was a bastard to get rid of :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X