No announcement yet.

Strange things happening on the moon...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange things happening on the moon...

OK, so I just went out on my back patio to smoke a cigarette (those things'll kill you, BTW...), and I noticed the moon looked like the Cheshire Cat's smile. Then I noticed what looked like a star, but it was in the dark part of the moon! Since you can't see through the moon, and there are no stars between the moon and Earth, the light must be ON the moon! If anyone else is up right now, perhaps you could go out and see if it looks the same to you...

VERY strange...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Strange things happening on the moon...

Nevermind.

Although it looked to be very interesting at first, after going out and looking at it again, and then doing some research, it looks like I was seeing Jupiter coming out from behind the moon...

Still pretty cool, to be sure, but not little green men or a secret lunar base...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

On another moon related note, I've read that China is racing Pakistan (or is it India?) to be the next country to put a man on the moon.

Wouldn't it be "interesting" to see one of those two countries lower the American flag and put up their flag? The moon race is back on...
      Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
      Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

We should put a mine field around our flag on the moon.
        "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

This photo was on the site you linked to Cing. What luck, you witness a 26 minute long event that won't come again until 2026. You oughta smoke more often!

New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
            What luck, you witness a 26 minute long event that won't come again until 2026.
            Plenty of weird things with the moon happen when I look at it.
            Originally posted by USN_Squid
            You oughta smoke more often!
            Aye aye!

Comment

Originally posted by Quarath
              We should put a mine field around our flag on the moon.
              Lol. You'll just have to get off your butt's and go put your flag back up and take the other one down. Nothing like a little competition to spice things up.
              Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Our butt's WHAT?
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                  Our butt's WHAT?
                  Something about we all need to moon India or Pakistan...

Comment

If you were seeing wierd lights and stuff then you probably weren't smoking a cigarette...
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Nah, we are Americans.

We will just bomb the hell out of China and/or India before they can launch a man to the moon...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                        On another moon related note, I've read that China is racing Pakistan (or is it India?) to be the next country to put a man on the moon.

Wouldn't it be "interesting" to see one of those two countries lower the American flag and put up their flag? The moon race is back on...

That is, of course, providing there really is an american flag on the moon! With All the speculation we hear these days I don't know what to believe any more !

Comment

Yes, I've read both sides and really don't know what to believe anymore.

It'd be pretty embarrassing if the Chinese landed at Tranquilty Base, and exited their lunar module, took a look around and said, "he where's all the crap the American's said they left here?"

I think the minefield around our American flag comment was particularily poignient, I've laughed randomly for days about that one when it popped into my head.

I think what you should do is prove that the Chinese are "terrorists", and that their control of the moon would lead to a terrorist outpost or training camp something.

I think the Chinese would kick your asses, and I'm pretty sure everyone in the US knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                            I think the Chinese would kick your asses, and I'm pretty sure everyone in the US knows it.
                            It's hard to beat a population that can replace an army larger than your own on a daily basis if need be...

Comment

while true, we could destroy this capability in 1 hour with 35 icbms, and while they would retaliate, they would by no means wipe us out...... us = win
                              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X