AHH!! Real Blackhawk!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHH!! Real Blackhawk!

Hello gents. I was amazed to receive information from a friend of mine that a BLACKHAWK had just landed behind the junior high school close to my house. apparently some of the brass had some business at the armory adjacent to the junior high. classes are even taught to the youngsters in the top of this building, like history and math, ( the guns are in the basement. :) ) I couldn't find my good digital camera and the battery died before I could film it taking off. here she is.

as you can see, there is a house in the background. this is a residential neighborhood.

It landed on the baseball outfield.

here are the seats in the back,

the cockpit,

and right in the middle of this picture is the small window where the minigunner would sit, (if there was a minigun attached.)

As for the in game play, the sound is close but is to wafty. but it is like listening to music through a microphone compared to the real deal. The PR guys should get the real takeoff sound. believe me, it would blow your mind.

from what I saw, there is no sound coming from the rotors even when they are turning about 140-160 rpm. they warmed it up, just like in game, they let the rotors spin up to where they were going 140-160, let them sit for a minute and then... take off. PR over corrected BF2 vanilla. when it takes off the 1st second it rises 10 feet in elevation and then 2nd second 15 ft and then about 25 feet per second of direct elevation gain for the next 4 seconds and then about 35-40 feet per second after that. in short. it doesn't just hang like 6 inches off the ground for like 10 seconds, where people tend to crash in game. It really does TAKE OFF!

edit: also, there are a total of 12 seats in this configuration, 8 passengers, 2 gunners, a pilot and a copilot.
    Last edited by zephyr89; 07-31-2008, 09:47 PM.
    [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -Mark Twain

In game: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger

Re: AHH!! Real Blackhawk!

That's really cool! I spoke to a BH crew when I was at west point but we never got to see it in action. Did get to see the commandant's UH-1 take off so I know exactly what you mean about "taking off".

I'll stick to fixed wings thank you very much. :)

By the way, 99% sure that the Army never uses M134s on their aircraft. They stick with M240s from what I hear, the M134s are for the tutti frutii special forces guys.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

Wicked cool. I got to go in a converted Huey at an airforce base near where i live. It wasnt as cool as a blackhawk but i know that wicked feeling when it takes off and the crazy cool sound. Im envious.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Yeah when i was in wash DC with my school i heard some BH fly like 100 ft over my head and bank wicked cool to see
        |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

that is cool, but you might want to post this in the general discussion part of the forums i.e. the photo's and screenshots, it might be more worthwhile or if u want to email these pics to the devs of PR for modeling purposes of the uh-60 army blackhawk that will be introduced into 0.8.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Sweet. :D

POE2 Developer

Comment

Pretty cool, reminds me of when i went to Jones Beach and there was a whole formation of about 7 blackhawks fling over the beach. Damn i was so close to running to my recruiter..lol
              -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

Cool! I was jogging around my college towards the end of the school year and six or seven CH-53's flew past my head very close to the ground, especially since it was in city limits :). Gave me the jitters for a few minutes!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Chinooks are the coolest-sounding helicopters in the Army, eh, nardini?

Comment

Sweet. Where can I buy one?
                    "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
                    -John Adams
                    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
                    -Charles Beard

Comment

Wow that is pretty sweet. Especially the Green Lantern emblem on the nose ;) Nice touch
                      Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                        Chinooks are the coolest-sounding helicopters in the Army, eh, nardini?
                        The two AH-1 Cobras that flew over my head on Kiawah Island in SC sounded pretty freakin tough too.
                        Dizlor

Comment

=( I live in Canada. That stuff doesnt happen.... wanna see Polar Bears?!?! (Joke)

Buuut, I did spend last summer in an active airforce base, and really miss the sounds of F/A -18 Hornets taking off.

§Sirsolo
                          |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                            Wow that is pretty sweet. Especially the Green Lantern emblem on the nose ;) Nice touch
                            I didn't notice that when I was there or when I was looking at the picture.
                            [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
                            -Mark Twain

In game: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger

Comment

Originally posted by zephyr89 View Post
                              I didn't notice that when I was there or when I was looking at the picture.
                              Well I am a bit of a comic nerd... maybe thats what happened :P
                              Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X