Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gg IE

Geezums.

I use Firefox. I started using it on a whim one day over a year ago, really sorta planning on finding a good reason to return to IE, and I've never looked back.

So, naturally, I instantly become less of a target for unwanted things on my PC.

For the first time in as long as I can remember, I today opened IE to view the (REALLY damn funny) video clip on the TG homepage. I watched the clip in IE, closed my browser, and went about my evening.

Ten minutes later, out of nowhere, IE opens up again, FULL SCREEN, and shows me this URL, with some chick instantly talking to me over audio about dieting.

http://mydietpatc -- come to think of it... let's not even share the URL... who knows where that URL has been.

Now, to be clear, I'm sure this didn't come from TG's homepage, but opening IE must have triggered something that's been waiting for a while to come out.

I run spyware prevention regularly.

Very interesting.

Oh well. Back to Firefox.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: gg IE

Are you sure it isn't that new vulnerability that's being talked about everywhere right now? It affects all browsers...

http://it.slashdot.org/it/04/12/09/0...2&tid=95&tid=8

Actually, after reading about the vulnerability, I don't think this is what happened to you. Click on the image below to test your browser for this vulnerability:
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That site showed me as secure. Thank you for sharing.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        That site showed me as secure. Thank you for sharing.
        Really? What version of Firefox are you using? How did you set it up so that you're secure from this flaw? I was under the impression that the only way to avoid it right now was to ensure that untrusted sites weren't in open windows while visiting trusted sites...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Heh. The whole reason I picked up Firefox in the first place is so I wouldn't have to worry about this crap at all. I guess I'm doing pretty well.

I have no idea what I did. :(

Comment

Safe here too....

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
            Firefox is the dogs.

Comment

Firefox doens't work for me, but Mozilla is fine.

Comment

I use both, and they both work fine for me. I tend to use IE more though.. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X