No announcement yet.

Our Iraq veterans

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Iraq veterans

I just finished watching this film about the difficulties faced by the men and women returning from Iraq and it really moved me.

It goes to show that our military is failing these new veterans just as they failed veterans of Vietnam like my father.

Watch it and share your thoughts.
    "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
    -John Adams
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -Charles Beard

Re: Our Iraq veterans

The support granted to returning veterans from our current military theaters is light years ahead of what returning Vietnam veterans dealt with. At times it can be obnoxiously insistent.

Everyone reacts differently to stress. PTSD is a very-real disorder that is taken seriously by the military. The film was very well-made; unfortunately I'm not in a situation where I can sit for an hour and watch the entire clip. :( Reading the synopsis and information about the characters gives me an impression that it is another anti-war film that is presenting a precise picture that aligns with the opinion of the film maker. That's okay, though... the level of support that Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen recieve today from the American public can be astonishing at times, and I'd rather see a well-intentioned film like this than a film that demonizes the troops serving... it'd just be nice for these filmmakers to let the other side of the coin speak for once. Lots of blood and sweat have been spilled over here, but once we were given a leader with a plan that actually works, things improved. All it took was time and determination.

I've been to Afghanistan once, and am now on my second tour in Iraq. Things have changed since the beginning years. The situation is remarkably better here on the ground. Afghanistan isn't doing so hot... but the leadership climate there isn't the best, either.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed