Illegal Aliens deported

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal Aliens deported

In my town, we just had a bust at the local restaurant that resulted in the entire staff getting sent back to their homes across the southern border. The restaurant is a Mexican restaurant and my dad joked that at least we now know it's authentic food. My parents aren't that serious about issues relating to this subject so they poke fun at the government for working so hard on it.

The dumb thing is, this restaurant had around 10 people when there is a huge farm/nursery outside of town that has perhaps 100s of illegal immigrants.

There are uproars about this in the local paper and have arguments on both sides. I'm neutral on the subject, i want to here opinions.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Illegal Aliens deported

Like you said...they got 10 when there are 100's across town.
    | | |

Comment

Why is the US so touchy about illegal aliens in the country. These guys were probably not hurting anyone, they didn't take anyone's job. They simply starting cooking food that they knew how to cook and living off thier well earned money. But, if they were a drain on society, using social programs and such, then it would be different. Or, if they commited a crime. Then by all means get them out of the country. Well, I'm canadian and have never heard of such things here. So, my opinion may be clouded.
      |TG|
      ||||

Comment

They should have fried the bigger fish - also, if they were working on a farm, I'd assume they're migrant workers and are legally here.

But yes, bigger fish to fry.
        Skud

Comment

deport them, and then raid the other place and deport the other 100 illegals.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Deport them in a civil and caring manner.

During the deportation process find out why they are hear to begin with and what their living and working conditions where.

Also investigate the employers. If the employers are simply exploiting then punish them doubly. If not find out why they didn't hire locals etc.

The goal: After all is said and done, compile the information gained during this and other deportations and modify national policy to accommodate the needs of the workers, those wanting to become citizens, the local residents and the employers.

Since this nation has no goal when it comes to immigration I hope the deportations are minimized.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
              Since this nation has no goal when it comes to immigration I hope the deportations are minimized.
              What does this mean? We have a huge immigration service that actively pursues visas for needed industries and persecuted persons, and limits visas for less welcome candidates. I think you're uninformed about our immigration policies, or the goals we have just don't line up with your goals so you dismiss them?

By the way, I like your approach to the process as idealistic as it may be. There just isn't the man power to produce such a thorough, efficient system.
              New to TG?

Comment

Yes, let's deport the millions of mostly tax-paying illegals who are doing the jobs that nobody else wants to do here.

You guys want to pick tomatos in 100 degree heat for $40/day?

I thought not. So, if you want to hire Americans to do that work, you'll have to pay them $100/day + benefits. You think inflation is bad now, those cheap tomatos you used to enjoy at the supermarket will now cost even more.

Yeah, we all hear about the bad parts of illegal immigration, but everyone forgets that they are essential to the economy as well.

I don't have all the answers, but it's not as simple as just deporting them all (which is absolutely impossible anyway).

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                  What does this mean? We have a huge immigration service that actively pursues visas for needed industries and persecuted persons, and limits visas for less welcome candidates. I think you're uninformed about our immigration policies, or the goals we have just don't line up with your goals so you dismiss them?
                  We as a nation don't have any kind of goal when it comes to immigration. We react to the needs of the very large and wealthy corporations but ignore the needs and wants of the small farmer or business owner.

Just because the department is huge and runs around with it's head wayyyyy up it's butt doesn't mean it has any kind of goal.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                    Yes, let's deport the millions of mostly tax-paying illegals who are doing the jobs that nobody else wants to do here.

This is mostly a myth. One example is a meat packing plant near here that was raided by ICE last year. The next day there was a line around the building of non-immigrants applying for the jobs.
                    New to TG?

Comment

I thought not. So, if you want to hire Americans to do that work, you'll have to pay them $100/day + benefits. You think inflation is bad now, those cheap tomatos you used to enjoy at the supermarket will now cost even more.

Yeah, we all hear about the bad parts of illegal immigration, but everyone forgets that they are essential to the economy as well.

I don't have all the answers, but it's not as simple as just deporting them all (which is absolutely impossible anyway).
                      I've gotta agree, everyone is making such a big deal about these men working. But, most of thier jobs, american workers wouldn't do. The economy kind of needs them.
                      |TG|
                      ||||

Comment

The money businesses save by using illegal work does not get passed on to consumers, ever. It increases their profits while the workers get payed less, and it's not even Americans getting the money. Why in God's name do so many of you support this? It's illegal BTW, since nobody seems to notice. I guess you guys only care if something is illegal if you disagree with it, otherwise just turn a blind eye.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sonic_Striker= View Post
                          I've gotta agree, everyone is making such a big deal about these men working. But, most of thier jobs, american workers wouldn't do. The economy kind of needs them.
                          Not true, there are plenty of US citizens that would take those jobs. People are getting desperate now days ;)
                          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by KrautMan View Post
                            I guess you guys only care if something is illegal if you disagree with it, otherwise just turn a blind eye.
                            You are damn right! Incidentally, there are a lot of laws out there that are ridiculously outdated, and pretty much everyone turns a blind eye to.

http://media.www.ecollegetimes.com/m...-3388114.shtml

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

So I suppose our immigration law is something you consider "ridiculously outdated"?

And that list of laws you posted that we turn a blind eye to, has absolutely no comparison to immigration laws.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X