Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate

John Edwards repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extra-marital affair with a novice film-maker, the former Senator admitted to ABC News today.

"The story is false, it's completely untrue, it's ridiculous," Edwards told reporters then.

He repeated his denials just two weeks ago.
    New to TG?

Re: Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate

So?

Bush lied and denies and refuses to tell the whole story about his drug and alcohol use/abuse.

Again, as long as he isn't snorting coke in the Oval Office, so?

These are private matters that you or I anybody else have no business even bringing up. They want to deny or lie about their private affairs? Let them. The only reason they lie is because they can't go over and kick our butt for even bringing it up.

Edit.

If the person is claiming to be morally superior to everybody else and is using that as a selling point then they might be fair game. Might, depends on how they do this.
    Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Yes, lying about sex is much much worse than lying about torture, reasons for war, disaster preparedness or oil. Or at least that seems to be the implication of this post. Personally I'd rather a lie that costs me nothing than one that costs $12 billion a month. But that's just me. I'd prefer no lies, but we all know that that's essentially impossible.

But you're a gentleman and a patriot for sharing this with us. Godspeed in your pursuit of Lying Liars with D's following their names!

Oh and if this wasn't flame bait, then my apologies. ;)
      Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
        Yes, lying about sex is much much worse than lying about torture, reasons for war, disaster preparedness or oil. Or at least that seems to be the implication of this post. Personally I'd rather a lie that costs me nothing than one that costs $12 billion a month. But that's just me. I'd prefer no lies, but we all know that that's essentially impossible.

But you're a gentleman and a patriot for sharing this with us. Godspeed in your pursuit of Lying Liars with D's following their names!

Oh and if this wasn't flame bait, then my apologies. ;)
        Apology accepted. All I did was quote the article, but your predictable response attacking me instead was, well predictable.
        New to TG?

Comment

It's his own personal business and should not be brought to public light unless it absolutely has to.
          Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
            It's his own personal business and should not be brought to public light unless it absolutely has to.
            I completely agree. This is something between him and his wife, and nothing that should concern anybody who doesn't know Edwards personally. I think it's pretty sad that the public is interested in the private life of more-or-less-famous persons.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
              If the person is claiming to be morally superior to everybody else and is using that as a selling point then they might be fair game. Might, depends on how they do this.
              Like telling people that they need to evaluate "the inside" of a candidate more than their money or political skill?
              September 28th, 2007:
              Originally posted by The AP
              Democrat John Edwards said Friday that the nation needs an honest and sincere president more than it needs the next great politician.

Asked by a voter what quality he possesses that other candidates lack, Edwards described what he would look for in a president if he was not running.

I would absolutely require that the person I was voting for is someone I believe is honest and sincere and has integrity, he said. We don't need the world's next great politician as president. What we need is someone we can trust.
              ---
              Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Was she hot?
                A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                  Was she hot?
                  That might depend on how much you've had to drink.
                  ---
                  Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

It was a homosexual affair?
                    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I'd hit it..... with my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                        It was a homosexual affair?
                        No, he's not a Republican. :icon_eek:

And when you're 50, that's hot...I'm guessing.
                        New to TG?

Comment

His wife probably arranged it.

Comment

So what?
                            "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                            Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
                              So what?
                              Exactly. So what.
                              Honestly, it's not uncommon for spouses to arrange or turn a blind eye to their loved-ones having affairs while they're ill (Edwards' wife has cancer). It can be viewed as a gutless act, yes. But it happens. (hell, maybe they had a 3-some going, or some understood love triangle)

On the flipside, it's also not uncommon for a spouse to allow the affair, just to dig into a hefty amount of money through extortion (either before or during a divorce). It can be viewed as a gutless act, yes. But it happens.

Judging the entirety of the situation, I give this about a 20% chance of just simply being Edwards "cheating" on his wife.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X