Perceived Candidate Goodness (Only)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perceived Candidate Goodness (Only)

There are two threads on the candidates but it almost all bashing. I want to learn what people like about both McCain and Obama.

So I am creating this thread to be a place where people can post what they like, and only what they like, about a candidate.

Rules.

- Positive statements only. And you cannot use the other candidate as contrast or compare, unless that, too, is a positive statement. An example of an unacceptable statement is "I like candidates x's desire to repeal tax z, unlike candidate y who just want's to tax and spend." Just leave off the last part.
    - Honesty. You have to honestly believe that what you are saying is both true and a positive.
    - No sarcasm.
    - Detail is VERY welcomed. While a "I like candidate x's energy policy" is acceptable a more specific statement such as "I like x's stand on the use of energy source y" is much better.
    - You cannot poo-poo somebodies post. Even if you find it totally ignorant, misleading or repulsive. If you want to poo-poo, start another thread.

This may be a total failure and it is going to be reliant on TG members maturity. Treat it as you treated the "Good news from Iraq" thread.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Perceived Candidate Goodness (Only)

I like Obama. I do. I think his persona and refreshingly accessible public presence would be fantastic for America and the world.
    New to TG?

Comment

I like John McCain's military service - I feel proud knowing he could be our president.

I like the fresh, young, and inspiring nature of Obama. While I support McCain and his polices much more than Obama, I would not be upset if Obama won.

I personally find it funny that McCain called his wife the C word. That's being a maverick.

I'm very proud that for the first time in America's history we could have a black president.

I'm impressed with both candidates composure and politeness so far. I'm also glad to see more agreement between the two. I'm excited watching both candidates for the real potential of getting things done.
      Skud

Comment

Two responses, better than I expected!

I like McCain's energy policy. I like that he is not only looking at more drilling but also renewable sources and nuclear.

I like that Obama seems to be liked outside the U.S. and could possibly help our standing in other countries.

I like Obamas ability to inspire so many, including myself. When I hear him speak I just feel better.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I like Obama's speeches too.

Especially his "race" speech.

"Or, we could for the first time, talk about race like adults..."

I like charismatic qualities in both candidates. Obama's speechcraft and McCain's patriotism.

I like the use of "my friends" even if it is over-used.
          Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X