Firefly fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly fans

I'm just wondering who here like the shortlived Firefly series and it's movie adaptation Serenity. I've been watching them on HULU along with other shows such as Burn Notice.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Firefly fans

Was one of the best shows on at the time. I watch the movie and series about once every 2-3 months. Last i heard they were trying to get some web-a-sodes going to continue the project but not sure how far that got
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Easily one of the best shows ever.
      ---
      Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Loved the show! It was SHINY. Wasn't it Farscape doing the webisodes?
        sigpic

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Comment

I own both on DVD. They need to bring back Firefly. Badly.

Comment

Summer Glau is damn hot. She plays quite a good Terminator too!
            sigpic

Comment

I was actually surprised when i realized who she was.
              |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Jewel Staite was my favorite.
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Kind of a firefly nut here. I have props blueprints etc. Check out Joss's newest project.

Dr Horrible's Sing along blog
                  http://www.drhorrible.com/index.html
                  When you can't run, you walk. When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't do that, you get someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                    Jewel Staite was my favorite.
                    QFT. The lack of sex speech in Serenity was A+.

Comment

I missed watching Firefly when it aired on television, but someone recommended that I try to catch the series on DVD. I caught Serenity in the movie theater without understanding much about the characters and didn't think much of the film. My wife bought me the series for my birthday and I spent two nights enthralled with the story. I enjoyed it so much, I watched it again with my wife, after convincing her it was far from a sci-fi show.

"Jaynestown" was probably my favorite episode. The crew's reaction to seeing his statue in the center of town was priceless. In fact, I still catch myself singing "The Ballad of Jayne Cobb" from time-to-time.

I think the best moment was after the final show, when my wife turned to me and said, "Wait, that's it? They cancelled this show?" We both watched Serenity again and enjoyed it much more, almost viewing it as a last chance to see a crew we had become very fond of over the course of a single season. Firefly was a great series and one that simply got the short end of the stick from the powers that be in network television.

Comment

Don't forget it has been continued in comic book format, Serenity: Those Left Behind.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ditto..Great stuff!..
                          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse