Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So us white guys should vote for McCain... right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So us white guys should vote for McCain... right?

Oh, I bet the racist radars went crazy when some of you read my title... but far from it, I believe 100% that all men and women should be treated as equals, good or bad... that said...

Was watching one of those Sunday morning political shows this AM... and, no I do not know if it's true or the facts are correct... but the guy was saying that a poll was done, and for this election black registrations have gone up 60%... out of the 60% of new registrations, (58% registered as Democrats BTW), 48% said they were voting just because Obama is a black man, and they are black...

So, these people for years and years could care less about this country, enough as not to even bother registering to vote... but now, all of a sudden they want to vote for the black man...

Now you tell me, who's the racist here?

They also did a poll, of the white folks voting for Obama, less then one percent said they were voting for him because he is black. (most want a Iraq withdraw, and believe he will set the US strait... BTW, people... do realize that the President of the United States really don't have that much power... "to set America strait"... Congress holds most of that power... what power the Pres does have is with the Military... now tell me, who is the better leader for the military... McCain or Obama?)

So... am I wrong to think that white folks need to go out and vote for McCain... because without these votes, the 48% of the new black voter is making a mockery of our system.

I leave it too you for a rebuttal. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: So us white guys should vote for McCain... right?

It is a bit racist. But I think everybody is a bit racist.

I don't see anything wrong with blacks voting for Obama because he is black. People vote for the person they hope/believe will represent them. Presidential candidates pick vice presidents from states that they need to win.

Put yourself in their shoes for just a second. For the entire countries history a white man had never been elected president. And only a few decades ago whites where actively discriminated against. Blacks worked hard in many parts of the country to prevent whites from voting. Now a popular white man was running and had a good chance of winning. Would you vote for the white man?

I would.

And your analysis isn't entirely correct. There have been other black candidates that did not elicit this kind of black support. So even their behavior says that there is something different about this black candidate.

I don't really believe that so few whites are voting for Obama because he is black. I think many whites are defiantly voting for him because he is black. Especially the younger voters. I might even vote for him because he is black. Doubt it but it is appealing to me.

In no case is it just because Obama is black. It is because he is black and a very charismatic and persuasive person.

As for the question of whites voting for McCain just because he is white? Well.... I don't think so. We whites have been well represented in the white house for as long as the country has been around and will continue to be so for at least a few more decades. (I think 2057 is when whites become the minority.)

Is there a difference between actively getting one of your race in and actively preventing another race to succeed?

Good question.
    Last edited by El_Gringo_Grande; 08-17-2008, 10:35 PM.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Yes, this entire post is racist.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

It is just as bigoted to vote for somebody based on their skin color, sex, etc as it is to vote against them for the same reason and both should be equally condemed.
        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Stanley Fish did an article a few months back during the height of the Dem primary in defense of identity politics. His argument was that although voting for someone solely on the basis of their gender, skin color or religion was foolish, identity categories can play a significant role in a logical selection process. Specifically, it is not unreasonable to believe that someone who is like you, who has had some of the same experiences as you, who views the world as you do, is more likely to represent your interests in government. We subconsciously prefer to associate with those who seem similar to us for many of the same reasons.

It would be racist to vote for a black person if you did so because you believed that anyone else would do a worse job specifically because of his race. As El_Gringo said, it's not racist if you simply think that person would do right by your interests because he is similar to you in some way.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

good arguments... thx... haven't changed my mind but at least you got me thinking.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Quite frankly, the only way not to be racist is to be completely color blind. Of course, none of us can do that to a complete level. People are looking for the similarity as Gringo and Steeler said.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                Oh, I bet the racist radars went crazy when some of you read my title... but far from it, I believe 100% that all men and women should be treated as equals, good or bad... that said...

So, these people for years and years could care less about this country, enough as not to even bother registering to vote... but now, all of a sudden they want to vote for the black man...

Now you tell me, who's the racist here?
                Er, you are the racist. I am once again stunned.

This forum should not exist. :(

Comment

Nothing racist about the question. I really don't see that there will be any kind of difference when it comes to Obama being elected or McCain. It still comes down to their policies and frankly I am not thrilled with either candidate so it will be a tough decision for me either way and race is the last thing I am personally considering
                  sigpic

Comment

People vote or don't vote for many different reasons. Finances, morals, war, feeling a part of, feeling left out, duty, identity, spite, national representation, personal representation, fear, foreign policy, parental/clergy coercion, etc. Who is anyone to say what's an appropriate reason to vote.

Comment

I'm not saying...I'm asking...

I just shared a opinion/ a view after watching a news program about the reasons blacks are registering to vote this year... sorry if you see me as a racist, I don't see it.... but I would respect you more if you explained why I am a racist for asking a question, instead of just saying "Er, you are the racist. I am once again stunned."

Why is it we can't talk about racism, without someone calling out someone else as a racist... sure, I have no doubt that I have racist thoughts or maybe even a sub-concious action... but I honestly feel, like I said above, that every man and woman has the same right to succeed and to fail.

Quick story (that has nothing to do with the election topic, but to answer that I am a racist remark)... when I first became a cop almost 24 years ago, I had dreams of being the greatest cop ever, putting all the bad guys in jail, saving people etc etc... all the BS that fades away with reality within a couple of years...

Anyway, I was finally on patrol all by may self, I was driving through a housing area, and it was 3 AM, I noticed a black male walking down the sidewalk, something didn't seem right, so I circled, then i started thinking... it's not illegal to walk at 3 AM, I don't want to be a racist cop, he is doing nothing wrong...so I left... next morning, after i went home at 6 AM... i learned that that same black man broke into a home, kidnapped a 8 year old girl, raped and murdered her, left her in the same woods I saw him walking by... I was heart broken, I felt, and still do to this day, that because i failed to do my job, go with my gut, that I had some part in that girld death... It bothered me for weeks, I finally went to my sergeant, (a black man BTW, one of the greatest persons I ever met), told him the story and how I felt... he told me from that day on... don't worry about looking like a racist, you got a gut feeling, a gut feeling about anyone...black, white, red or blue... you do your job... I've never forgotton that conversaion...

So... you say I'm a racist because i ask a question based on race... please explain how that is, or are you just a little to close minded or hyper-sensitive.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                        I'm not saying...I'm asking...

I just shared a opinion/ a view after watching a news program about the reasons blacks are registering to vote this year... sorry if you see me as a racist, I don't see it....
                        Ah, the Fox News strategy: stick your ignorant opinions into a question so you aren't accountable for them.

For the love of god, if you don't know why it's racist to claim that black people don't care about the country, and that they are getting involved in the political process because Obama has dark skin, then there is not point in explaining to you how racist those comments are.

Whites aren't flocking to the democratic party as well--oh wait, they are. Damn. And I suppose that whites who vote are always doing it because of their vast knowledge about the candidates and their deep commitment to the country, unlike those stupid black people who don't care about the country or know anything about a candidate other than their skin color?

You are right. Black Americans are just different than white Americans and should be discussed in that manner. Nothing overtly racist about that...

And, by the way, excellent story to confirm your racism! I would have seen a man walking down the street at 3am, but you managed to see a black man walking down the street. Lock those doors! Those blacks are like animals who kill young children.

So... you say I'm a racist because i ask a question based on race... please explain how that is, or are you just a little to close minded or hyper-sensitive.
                        You didn't so much ask a question about race as you plainly stated that blacks don't care about the country and they are only interested in skin color.

Please delete this thread!

Comment

thx for the explaination..and sorry you mis-read my purpose or intention of this thread... Didn't mean any ill with it. Honestly thought it was a good discussion topic. I'll leave it at that, since it's such a sharp discussion.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by GlobalWarmin View Post
                            This forum should not exist. :(
                            You're welcome to not read it ;)

Comment

I disagree Global.

This is a perfectly good question. I think one of the problems we have in this country is that these types of questions are not asked often enough. Or when they are asked the person that asks it is told "you and the question are so ignorant that it isn't even worth it" and it is never answered in a mature way.
                              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X