School becoming unsafe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School becoming unsafe?

Recently reading something in the paper which was explaining that the schools nearby/other places are going to get rid of some crossing guards. Now I live near a school and when school is over there are a lot of drivers after school. Now the school I live near is going to try this. The school is going to get rid of one main crossing guard which forces kids to cross by the self.

What do you think of this?
    Me - I'll Just blame bush.
    Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Re: School becoming unsafe?

Originally posted by Sara View Post
    Recently reading something in the paper which was explaining that the schools nearby/other places are going to get rid of some crossing guards. Now I live near a school and when school is over there are a lot of drivers after school. Now the school I live near is going to try this. The school is going to get rid of one main crossing guard which forces kids to cross by the self.

What do you think of this?
    Seems fine to me.. kids can cross streets on their own y'know. Its not as if kids go running blindly into traffic. When I was in elementary school I was always annoyed by crossing guards. I saw no reason for their existence.

Comment

Originally posted by mentholated View Post
      Seems fine to me.. kids can cross streets on their own y'know. Its not as if kids go running blindly into traffic. When I was in elementary school I was always annoyed by crossing guards. I saw no reason for their existence.
      This is 5-8th Grade kids, God knows what 5th graders are gonna do, but I can bet there are gonna be cocky 8th graders just trying to piss off traffic.
      Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

Comment

I walked to school when I lived in Queens, NY and survived without crossing guards at every corner. And why on earth would a kid try to piss off traffic, or better yet, why do you think they would?

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax74 View Post
          I walked to school when I lived in Queens, NY and survived without crossing guards at every corner. And why on earth would a kid try to piss off traffic, or better yet, why do you think they would?
          Eighth Graders are very stupid, they will do anything for fun/bet/cigarette.

Comment

8th graders are young and, unbenownst to them, naive, I wouldn't necessarily call the stupid. Aren't you going into a career in education?

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax74 View Post
              8th graders are young and, unbenownst to them, naive, I wouldn't necessarily call the stupid. Aren't you going into a career in education?
              I was pursuing a career in education, but I decided it wasn't for me. I couldn't handle it really. I am going into college as a creative writer.

Comment

hopefully it will root the dumb kids out of society.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

The first time I saw someone get hit by a car while crossing the street at a school was at college. A college-aged girl took off on her bike out into traffic without looking and ended up on the hood of an oncoming car. A few years ago here (I work for the college now) a student was killed when she stepped out into the street while talking on her cell phone; she didn't check traffic first and got hit by a bus. We've had a few drunks stumble out into the street and get hit too.

I never had crossing guards in any of my schools, and until college I never knew of anyone that got hit either. I was taught to look both ways before crossing, and it's worked pretty good for me so far. I think more money should be spent on that.
                  [squadl]
                  "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

We had student crossing guards at my elementary school. They got out of class 10 minutes early, got their orange vests and stop signs and went down to the main corner to try to control parents annoyed by the massive traffic jams that surround the school when the last bell rings...

Crossing guards for 5 graders and above? Absurd and a complete waste of taxpayer money if it's not a volunteer.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Eighth Graders are very stupid, they will do anything for fun/bet/cigarette.
                      I resent this, deeply. You cannot generalize a group, due to the few idiots within that group.
                      Why?
                      Because:
                      1. No matter what, there'll be individuals who don't fit the description.
                      2. If people believe the generalization, it only propagates the myth.
                      3. Being only two years older then my grade 8 self, I can't help but take it as somewhat insulting, as my grade 8 self could probably make your head spin with some of the stuff I knew (and still know) about modern physics.

Children are not stupid. Sometimes I think young children have more common sense than most adults.

Children won't run blindly out into the street, and, the drivers should be paying damn attention as they're in a school zone filled with children.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brain21 View Post
                        I resent this, deeply. You cannot generalize a group, due to the few idiots within that group.
                        Why?
                        Because:
                        1. No matter what, there'll be individuals who don't fit the description.
                        2. If people believe the generalization, it only propagates the myth.
                        3. Being only two years older then my grade 8 self, I can't help but take it as somewhat insulting, as my grade 8 self could probably make your head spin with some of the stuff I knew (and still know) about modern physics.

Children are not stupid. Sometimes I think young children have more common sense than most adults.

Children won't run blindly out into the street, and, the drivers should be paying damn attention as they're in a school zone filled with children.
                        Well said and i tend to agree. Ive known many high school kids who where more attention whores then any 8th grader.
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Had to do a double take on that last sentence, Trooper.

My school district has high school start with grade 8. :p
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brain21 View Post
                            Had to do a double take on that last sentence, Trooper.

My school district has high school start with grade 8. :p

ah okay its 9th in my area.
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Eighth Graders are very stupid...
                              Perhaps that's why education is not for you. You can't really do a good job educating someone who you think is stupid.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X