Show off your rifles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show off your rifles

Since I'm building an ar15 beginning monday when I get my lower receiver, I thought I'd make a thread for people to show off their rifles and make me jealous/inspired. I'll be adding my own pictures to this as I progress. So far I only have a DPMS lower receiver parts kit. I plan on finishing the lower entirely before moving on to the upper, since that will consume more money. Still trying to decide between .223/5.56 or 7.62. I'd prefer the .223 because of the tiny amount of recoil, but its so damn expensive. The only cheap ammo in .223 I've found is wolf, and thats steel cased and I've heard it causes problems and is dirtier because it doesn't provide a good seal since its not as expansive as brass cased ammo. The 7.62 is pretty cheap, but I'm not a fan of the recoil. Any advise on that?

Anyway, to cut this short, post pictures of your rifles and a list of whats on/in it. AR15 pistols are ok too.

Re: Show off your rifles

I still don't have my own rifle, but I wanted to share this thread to give you an idea of the kinds of things I'm considering with my dream rifle.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=19&t=199533

Oh, and I'm definitely going to be sticking with the 5.56 chambering. It's what I'm used to, and it's still cheap compared to other AR platforms.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Made mine up a few months ago.

[media]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj193/beaker424/M4/IMG_0026.jpg[/media]

[media]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj193/beaker424/M4/IMG_0027.jpg[/media]

I would pick up a couple stripped lower receivers before the election if you can aford it. I did :)

If I had to built it over, I would go with a Trijicon Comp M4 instead of the Eotech.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker424 View Post
        If I had to built it over, I would go with a Trijicon Comp M4 instead of the Eotech.
        Really? Why?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah I think I will get an extra lower or two, just to be on the safe side. I got my first one tonight :).

Comment

I have since used the Trijicon after purchasing the Eotech.
            Initially I thought I would have tunnel vision using a "tubed style" optic, but that is just not the case.

Also, and maybe the Eotech is faulty, but it just seems fuzzy to me, no matter how far up or back on the rail I position it.

Price is about the same for either, around $500-600

Comment

I'm not really ready to put down 500 for an optic, so are there any cheaper but reliable and sturdy reflex sights?

Actually, this'll do: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Man that is CHEAP. Doesn't that normally go for around 400?

Ah, nevermind they're replicas. Totally stole my thunder there.

Maybe a bushnell holosight if I can find a used one.

Comment

Wish I knew of one, I would have bought that instead.

Sorry, I can't help you out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X