Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Cheated in the Olympics?

Thoughts?

I knew the gymnists looked pretty sketchy but it also kind of seems like they cheated or were highly favored in other sports activities...

(Medals) http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/20...ngs/index.html

(MSNBC with article about IOC saying China didnt cheat) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26337759/

(Fox with story on Chinese gymnist age) http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407803,00.html

(Somewhat BS yahoo thread): http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3091631AAXEHA5

And lastly a website of its own (MAY CONTAIN SPYWARE, I loaded it up from google and my anti virus detected the website as having virus' and in the website it has a article saying place got hacked by someone calling theirself the 'White Sultan') http://chinacheated.com/
    Last edited by 206 Wolfpack; 08-25-2008, 07:14 AM.
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: China Cheated in the Olympics?

Of course they did. And it is a very good thing as far as I can see.

I now have a "bad guy" to root against. Makes watching the Olympics much more fun. Every since the U.S.S.R. and the east German Women went away the Olympics just haven't been as fun to watch.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
      And lastly a website of its own (MAY CONTAIN SPYWARE, I loaded it up from google and my anti virus detected the website as having virus' and in the website it has a article saying place got hacked by someone calling theirself the 'White Sultan') chinacheated.com
      Actually, it was caused by the banner company I was using... I disabled the banners until I find a solution for it...

Enojy!

ChinaCheated

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
        Of course they did. And it is a very good thing as far as I can see.

I now have a "bad guy" to root against. Makes watching the Olympics much more fun. Every since the U.S.S.R. and the east German Women went away the Olympics just haven't been as fun to watch.
        Haha you make me laugh...

But yea it seems like Russia, UK, and other countrys are also trying to get this investigated although if I'm right the IOC already stated it wasnt going to investigate thouroughly?

What are people thinking though? Should it be investigated the best way possible or left alone for political matters? Doesn't seem like a real West vs. East thing if Russia is also pissed off..
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Everyone knows the score. Specifically, the technical scores, which reflect errors. Chinese girls fall and stumble and get higher technical scores than the other teams' athletes who's only flaws are supposed to be tenth-point deductions.

The paid-off talking heads have had their air-time, reciting scripts about how China has "proved" it is an "athletic superpower" and has "begun a dynasty." No, they simply fielded a number of great athletes, and weren't above cheating in order to go over the top.

2012 will show what China really can do. A pity their gymnasts will be judged too old and will be replaced by 8-year-olds that have been stretched taller and had ALL their documentation "corrected."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X