Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Russian Paranoia

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe...war/index.html
    SOCHI, Russia (CNN) -- Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has accused the United States of orchestrating the conflict in Georgia to benefit one of its presidential election candidates.

In an exclusive interview with CNN's Matthew Chance in the Black Sea city of Sochi Thursday, Putin said the U.S. had encouraged Georgia to attack the autonomous region of South Ossetia.

Putin told CNN his defense officials had told him it was done to benefit a presidential candidate -- Republican John McCain and Democrat Barack Obama are competing to succeed George W. Bush -- although he presented no evidence to back it up.
    I love it. Just surprised Putin isnt wearing his tinfoil hat in the pictures.

Re: More Russian Paranoia

I also saw this. Silly Putin.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
    #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
    83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

While I don't think it was orchestrated to benefit one of the candidates, I do entirely think it was orchestrated.

Comment

Wow. Putin you silly man. What he doesnt realize is that i did it. I planned the georgian attack. It was me. It may have been a mistranslation, what he meant to say was:

"Chris934 did it, we saw him. Its clear that he did it so he could having talking points in the sandbox forums"

I am responsible for every war sense the cola wars.
        "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
        -John Adams
        "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
        -Charles Beard

Comment

Originally posted by chris934 View Post

I am responsible for every war sense the cola wars.
          i never knew there was a war between pepsi, coke, and tab.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
            Im that good. It was all secret man.

I was all like "hey coke, pepsi called you a dork" and coke was all like "im gonna kick his ass" and i was all like "i wanna see that" and he was all like " k I will"
            and he did.

I rule
            -John Adams
            "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
            -Charles Beard

Comment

In all seriousness, I am curious as to the exact extent of the US's involvement in Georgia, but more from the aspect of what the State Department is up to. Clearly Putin is angling for a confrontation here, but I have no idea what the end game is. Does Russia really want to see independent or satellite states on the border with Georgia? Or are they just flexing their military might in a demonstration for the EU and NATO?
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

Well look at it this way. Right now if Georgia keeps those states and doesnt allow them to become independent then Georgia looks bad. And those states are going to go running to Russia because Russia has acknowledged them as free states. So now Russia has a foot hold closer to oil lines in Georgia. So if they feel something is going go wrong with NATO or Georgia Russia can run in and play "MP" in that area.

And they are right ready to play that world victim card.
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  It is pretty interesting, a solo man responsible for all this who cant spell since correctly... Intriguing.. :)
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

There is no doubt that there is US involvement here...and why shouldn't there be? It's in our best interests to maintain influence in that region. The Lil' Bush Administration has certainly not forgotten that.
                    | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                      It is pretty interesting, a solo man responsible for all this who cant spell since correctly... Intriguing.. :)
                      And bush didnt know the difference between "prosecute " and "persecute" so why are you surprised?

JK with you i dont take offense, its just that it doesn't underline "sense" as being spelled incorrectly because it thinks i mean the other meaning so i ignore it.
                      -John Adams
                      -Charles Beard

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                        In all seriousness, I am curious as to the exact extent of the US's involvement in Georgia, but more from the aspect of what the State Department is up to. Clearly Putin is angling for a confrontation here, but I have no idea what the end game is. Does Russia really want to see independent or satellite states on the border with Georgia? Or are they just flexing their military might in a demonstration for the EU and NATO?
                        Its got to have something to do with that oil coming up in the pipeline through Georgia to Europe....Just has to.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

And bush didnt know the difference between "prosecute " and "persecute" so why are you surprised?

JK with you i dont take offense, its just that it doesn't underline "sense" as being spelled incorrectly because it thinks i mean the other meaning so i ignore it.
                          yea I was just joking around but give you props anyways for using spell check, personally I never do, should start though,
                          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

it doesn't underline "sense" as being spelled incorrectly because it thinks i mean the other meaning so i ignore it.
                            90% of spill chucking :p should be done between your ears, not by a computer. The computer should just catch the few times when one deals with a very unusual and sesquipedalian word.
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                              yea I was just joking around but give you props anyways for using spell check, personally I never do, should start though,
                              It comes built-in in Firefox. In fact, it didn't recognize "sesquipidalian", so I had to add it to its built-in dictionary.
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X