Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

    Because she deserves her own thread. ;)

    Here's her Wikipedia entry:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

    According to that, she really kicked butt in Alaska.

    It's too bad she's the VP. If she were leading the ticket, I might vote for her.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

    snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

    Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

  • #2
    Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

    Originally posted by scratchmonkey View Post
    because she deserves her own thread. ;)

    here's her wikipedia entry:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sarah_palin

    according to that, she really kicked butt in alaska.

    It's too bad she's the vp. If she were leading the ticket, i might vote for her.
    qft
    New to TG?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

      Lol!! Way to get this up and moving Scratch!!

      " Palin was the point guard and captain for the Wasilla High School Warriors, in Wasilla, Alaska, when they won the Alaska small-school basketball championship in 1982; she earned the nickname "Sarah Barracuda" because of her intense play.[4] She played the championship game despite a stress fracture in her ankle, hitting a critical free throw in the last seconds." (From Wiki)...
      And this is all that matters.. Take that ShaQ!! She can hit a free throw!!!
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

        I'm glowing a little bit today. What an extremely under-qualified person for the job. At least she'll make a great Fox News anchor when this is over.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

          Originally posted by GlobalWarmin View Post
          I'm glowing a little bit today. What an extremely under-qualified person for the job.
          It will be fun to watch the Obama camp try to push that line. She has 7 years of exectuive experience and Obama has....doh!
          New to TG?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

            I first thought she was his daughter.
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
            - Check me out on The Onion
            - I'm on the local news!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

              Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
              It will be fun to watch the Obama camp try to push that line. She has 7 years of exectuive experience and Obama has....doh!
              Zing!


              Community, not corporation!

              TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

              Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

              Irregs PR CO

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

                Seems to be a good choice. McCain needs the female vote, Palin should help that. Her political record is also somewhat centrist, which is going to help dispel accusations of 'more of the same.' She's certainly no Dick Cheney, and that is a huge breath of fresh air.

                No more 'ready to lead' talk, though. Those of you spouting 'executive experience' need to seriously think about what you expect from the office of the President. Do you want a government or a corporation?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

                  Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                  Because she deserves her own thread. ;)

                  Here's her Wikipedia entry:

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

                  According to that, she really kicked butt in Alaska.

                  It's too bad she's the VP. If she were leading the ticket, I might vote for her.
                  About 2 months back, observing that the main candidates were both so lousy, I decided to base my vote on the VP choice. If she's as good as she looks (keeping in mind the nation has only been examining her for about 5 hours), then I think I will go ahead and vote for her. Finally something to get me excited about the campaign!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

                    Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                    No more 'ready to lead' talk, though. Those of you spouting 'executive experience' need to seriously think about what you expect from the office of the President. Do you want a government or a corporation?
                    I think a track record of effective decision making is how I would describe what I want. Whether that's in previous government experience or not isn't quite as important as the effectiveness.
                    New to TG?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

                      I'd hit that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

                        Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                        It will be fun to watch the Obama camp try to push that line. She has 7 years of exectuive experience and Obama has....doh!
                        She's only been governor for 1.5 years. Where are you getting 7 years from?

                        Btw; I'm going to link Palin to this thread:
                        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...ld-thread.html

                        Her voice, though somewhat sexy and feminine... is annoying

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

                          Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                          She's only been governor for 1.5 years. Where are you getting 7 years from?

                          Btw; I'm going to link Palin to this thread:
                          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...ld-thread.html

                          Her voice, though somewhat sexy and feminine... is annoying
                          From the wiki: ...was elected mayor of Wasilla (population 5,470 in 2000) in 1996, and ran unsuccessfully for Lieutenant Governor in 2002.
                          New to TG?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

                            Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                            Seems to be a good choice. McCain needs the female vote, Palin should help that. Her political record is also somewhat centrist, which is going to help dispel accusations of 'more of the same.' She's certainly no Dick Cheney, and that is a huge breath of fresh air.
                            Centrist? She's in favor of creationism in schools and is pro-life. How on earth is that centrist?

                            Also: 7 years? Unless getting Ms Alaska runner-up adds to executive experience, I'm not sure where you're getting seven from.

                            edit: Ah. Mayor of a town in Alaska with a smaller population than most universities. I see.
                            edit2: On experience, while Obama has none (and, really, nobody but sitting presidents and maybe VPs do) he is versed in economic theory and is very interested in said topic. Neither Republican candidate is and McCain has, in fact, expressed a distinct lack of interest or knowledge. Considering I view the economy as the most important issue of this election, I'm going to take the candidate with theoretical experience over the ones with nothing.
                            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Sarah Palin corner of the Sandbox!

                              Yes, a surprise for certain. Dan Quayle was a surprise too.
                              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                              "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                              - Check me out on The Onion
                              - I'm on the local news!

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X