• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gun :D

"OMG redeye!!!"

I know, no need to say it :P

Re: New gun :D

Nice!

Keep your finger off the trigger unless you're about to shoot something. ;)

So tell us all about it. Looks like an airsoft ak-47 or something. (kidding, but tell all.)

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
      Keep your finger off the trigger unless you're about to shoot something. ;)
      That's no joke. It doesn't matter if it is an airsoft toy... :icon8:
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

There actually was a target in that direction, excluding one picture. It is an airsoft, and my dad had on protection, so it was ok.. relax dude.

Where did you get AK from? :P

It's an M15-A4 carbine.

Comment

Ok, I could use some help from some of you gun guys:

1. I thought I could pretty well distinguish between M16 and M4, which I can. But I would have called the gun in the picture above an M4. What guns are in the M16/M4 family, and how can I distinguish?

2. Would an M15-A4 be used by modern militaries (ie - IDF), or would they likely all be using M16's and M4's (which is what it looks like to me)?

3. Technically, to call something a "machine gun", does it have to be a support weapon like the M249 or C9, or can you call an M16 a "machine gun"?

4. Would you call a mounted weapon, on an APC or tank for instance, a "machine gun" or not?

5. Is an automatic firing mode enough to warrant the term "machine gun"?

Thanks!
          [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour
            Ok, I could use some help from some of you gun guys:

1. I thought I could pretty well distinguish between M16 and M4, which I can. But I would have called the gun in the picture above an M4. What guns are in the M16/M4 family, and how can I distinguish?
            The M16 is based off the AR15. The M4 is also based off the AR15. They're all the same basic gun with very minor modifications. The M4 (which you correctly identified in that photo. The toy manufacturer made up a name for Sniper...) is, simply put, an M16 with a flat top instead of a carry handle, a shorter barrel and a collapsible stock. And actually, it looks like Sniper's rifle has a carry handle... Weird...
            2. Would an M15-A4 be used by modern militaries (ie - IDF), or would they likely all be using M16's and M4's (which is what it looks like to me)?
            There's no such thing as an M15-A4 (to my knowledge). Of course, as soon as I post this, someone's going to show me a website selling military M15-A4s! I've never heard of 'em... The M16A4 is basically a M16A2 with the flattop receiver instead of a carrying handle. Standard stock, though...
            3. Technically, to call something a "machine gun", does it have to be a support weapon like the M249 or C9, or can you call an M16 a "machine gun"?

4. Would you call a mounted weapon, on an APC or tank for instance, a "machine gun" or not?

5. Is an automatic firing mode enough to warrant the term "machine gun"?

Thanks!
            I think it's safe to say that fully automatic firing warrants the term "machine gun". Common use has made it an imprecise term. The M16A2 (the US military's service rifle) is not fully automatic, however...
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
              There's no such thing as an M15-A4 (to my knowledge). Of course, as soon as I post this, someone's going to show me a website selling military M15-A4s! I've never heard of 'em... The M16A4 is basically a M16A2 with the flattop receiver instead of a carrying handle. Standard stock, though...
              Armalite makes a model that they call the M15A4:

It appears to just be a civilian version of the M16A4, though.

Comment

woah, why is there no red tip, it's against federal law to remove it.

Comment

You are only required to put on the orange tip in public settings. When your skirmishing with many others, or in your backyard, ect.. you can have it off. That's why i have the black tip on, instead of the orange tip.

Comment

Hmmm. I just read the law http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/15C76.txt

Says it's illegal to manufacture, sell, ship, or receive an imitation gun w/o the blaze orange tip, but that doesn't mean that you can't modify such a gun that you own. If it isn't illegal, it's legal.

Comment

Hmmm. I just read the law [url]
                      Says it's illegal to manufacture, sell, ship, or receive an imitation gun w/o the blaze orange tip

They manufactored it, sold it, shiped it, and I received the gun with the orange tip. It also came with a regular black tip. I mainly use the black tip unless I am walking with it down the street :P

Comment

If it isn't illegal, it's legal.
                        Well there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. :)
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

A lawyer taught me that one. :D

One of those little principles that sounds simple but folks seem to have a hard time grasping in practice.

Comment

Thanks Cingular! I have another question:

Is it wrong to call a regular infantry soldier with an M16 or M4 a "sniper", even if he is - at the time - stationed in a defensive tower or other overwatch position? I ask because several NGOs here consistently refer to any soldier who stops and takes aim as a "sniper", even though they're clearly not in that role, or they're holding a weapon that - in my mind - wouldn't be given to someone with that role.
                            [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour
                              Thanks Cingular! I have another question:

Is it wrong to call a regular infantry soldier with an M16 or M4 a "sniper", even if he is - at the time - stationed in a defensive tower or other overwatch position? I ask because several NGOs here consistently refer to any soldier who stops and takes aim as a "sniper", even though they're clearly not in that role, or they're holding a weapon that - in my mind - wouldn't be given to someone with that role.
                              Hmmm, well, I would say that a "sniper" is someone specifically trained and performing a very specific tactic, regardless of weapon. At the same time, a rifleman actually taking aim, doesn't necessarily make him a sniper... This is just my opinion, however...

Badger would be the one to answer this question...
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X