No announcement yet.

Metallica and Iraq War video... link...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallica and Iraq War video... link...

Good song, well at least the last 3 minutes... pretty good video about the Iraq war and aftermath encounters...makes you think, won't ruin the ending for you...

http://www.spike.com/blog/new-metallica-video/67934
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Metallica and Iraq War video... link...

Great video, love Metallica and the vid was pretty sick. Thanks Magnum.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

The video was pretty good, I thought they were gonna make it so that either they were going to kill the innocent couple with the broken down car to make the Military look bad or have it that the car would blow up at the end killing them all, so I was happily surprised when neither happened.

Comment

good video, horrid song. metallica is the nickelback of soft metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
          good video, horrid song. metallica is the nickelback of soft metal.
          AHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH Oh my god ferris you just made my week!!!! :icon_lol: metallica is about as metal as bubblegum.
          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
            AHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH Oh my god ferris you just made my week!!!! :icon_lol: metallica is about as metal as bubblegum.

I think A lot of older metal acts have transitioned to be more qualified with as rock. Ozzie for one isn't metal, he is rock anymore. Hell he has been rock since the mid 90's. They have a gift for adapting and sticking around. Look at Kiss, they have changed styles more times than anyone, and yet they still have a huge following. It's all in how you look at it. Kill em all till Justice are metal. Black till Re-Load are rock. St. Anger is....umm...I like it, but I don't know where it would fit heh.

Comment

Metallica is the sodium of Metal.
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Thats why I liked the video...minus it's tactical issues like using your own bandage instead of the injured, flanking from 2 flanks into a cross fire...etc etc...

You think it's going to be another, one of many, anti-American, anti-war, anti-soldier songs/videos... but then it doesn't, instead it shows what they go through and the decisions they must make in a instant...

ie: I love the new song from Everlast, Letters from something or something... it's a song about the soldiers and what the're dealing with and going through... but then watch the music video... all anti-American, anti-war... etc etc... ruined a good song IMO...

Who thought he was going to shoot that woman? i did... good video, 2nd part of the song is good...first part sucked, IMO...
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                  Thats why I liked the video...minus it's tactical issues like using your own bandage instead of the injured, flanking from 2 flanks into a cross fire...etc etc...
                  Man, I totally got hung up on the tactical issues; they did everything wrong. It's like they didn't even consult with someone in the military to find out how it would be done. And if they did, shame on that person for letting it be as bad as it was.
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                    Metallica is the sodium of Metal.
                    They explode when put into water? Not even Iron can do that!

Comment

I really enjoyed that one. Thanks for sharing!
                      Retired 6th DB

Comment

FYI This is probably the only track on the album that sounds like this. Unforgiven 3 is slower, the rest could have been on And Justice For All.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                          Man, I totally got hung up on the tactical issues; they did everything wrong. It's like they didn't even consult with someone in the military to find out how it would be done. And if they did, shame on that person for letting it be as bad as it was.
                          I don't particularly care, nor will the vast majority of those who watch even know what they did wrong. I'm just glad its a very good example of the type of decisions that are extremely hard to make, even when given a lot of time to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                            I don't particularly care, nor will the vast majority of those who watch even know what they did wrong. I'm just glad its a very good example of the type of decisions that are extremely hard to make, even when given a lot of time to do so.
                            Ditto.

It sure was nice to see a video casting the role of our military in a good light for a change.

Comment

Video was kinda average, song was kinda average. I'm a fan of both early and late (well, pre-St. Anger) Metallica, so I don't really care if they're headbanging or rock melodying. I preferred the beginning of this song to where it changes to all instrumental at the end; kinda felt like it was forced and didn't fit well. And while I did like the beginning half, the starting and underlying riffs are copies of Fade to Black.

Hope the rest of the album is good, I've heard it referred to as returning to the style of Master of Puppets (album). This song, while not bad, doesn't give me said impression. :P
                              [squadl]
                              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X