Disaster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster

It's not been mentioned here, so I thought I'd post.

Just saw this over on ocuk's forum & thought it showed pretty well the sort of destruction there having to deal with -

Before

After
    I know the coverage over there wasn't as prominent, has it changed now?

Re: Disaster

Huh? The coverage has been nonstop almost since it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny_
      I know the coverage over there wasn't as prominent, has it changed now?
      I had been meaning to post this smaller version of those photos for a few days now:

Yours are much better. I hadn't seen them until now...

And the news here has been talking about nothing but the destruction for the past week... You can't get away from this story, in fact... It's horrible, and I would like to hear any new reports from that region, but I'm simply burnt out on hearing about it nonstop. All of the news/talk radio stations are nonstop tsunami disaster related. All of the TV news broadcasts are nonstop tsunami disaster related. All of the cable news are nonstop tsunami disaster related. I'm simply tired of the way the media latches on to the biggest story and plays the same thing over and over and over and over again...

That said, this is without a doubt the worst natural disaster the world has seen in our lifetime. I'm glad that most of the world can come together to help the region that needs our help. I'm disappointed in the nations (and groups) that aren't helping... I've already sent a hundred dollars to the American Red Cross.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

i'm not a geologist so someone please educate me...tsunami is water. how can there be fire? like i don't get the concept that powerful water sweeps into a city and then you get a fire covered city.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
          i'm not a geologist so someone please educate me...tsunami is water. how can there be fire? like i don't get the concept that powerful water sweeps into a city and then you get a fire covered city.

I always thought a geologist studied rocks, so I'm not sure what that has to do with water or fire... In fact, I have no idea what you saw that was fire covered... We're talking about the asian tidal wave that killed over a hundred and fifty thousand people last week. What are you talking about? Sorry, but you have me completely confused...
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

sry, not geologist...maybe a physicist or something.

all i'm asking is that a tsunami is earthquake in water so water creates high tides and kills the coast. but in the 2nd picture, there's fire. why is there fire when the city was attacked by water?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
              all i'm asking is that a tsunami is earthquake in water so water creates high tides and kills the coast. but in the 2nd picture, there's fire. why is there fire when the city was attacked by water?
              Well, I don't see any fire, and I'm not sure why there would be any on small, relatively undeveloped islands. In big cities, however, water could cause fires in any number of ways. Electrical shorts, chemical fires, etc...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Where do you see fire?

Comment

okay, so i looked that it at a higher resolution. and looks like no fire but the bridges.
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  HOLY CRAP!!!! the mainland is COVERED in water!!! holy macaronni!!!!

Comment

This is truely a great tragedy. I hope everyone spared a thought for the victims in Asia during their festivities yesterday. This event will dominate the news not just for a few days, but years to come.

If you haven't already donated there are several ways to give here:
                    http://www.google.com/tsunami_relief.html

Or, if you are in the UK, there is an umbrella organisation for all the major charities:
                    http://www.dec.org.uk/
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

I'm sure everyone has seen so much of this, but here is a link to a page with videos. It's unbelievable the power a rising ocean has. I fear some of the lucky may be the dead as aid will take weeks to get to some areas.
                      New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
                        This is truely a great tragedy. I hope everyone spared a thought for the victims in Asia during their festivities yesterday. This event will dominate the news not just for a few days, but years to come.

If you haven't already donated there are several ways to give here:
                        http://www.google.com/tsunami_relief.html

Or, if you are in the UK, there is an umbrella organisation for all the major charities:
                        http://www.dec.org.uk/

yes its tradgic,
                        Last edited by DudeMan; 01-01-2005, 08:17 PM.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X