College Football 2008!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football 2008!

The thread to talk about your team. And talk smack about all the other looser teams.

I will start to say.....

BOOMER SOONER!

Special teams. So disappointing. The fake punt break up was encouraging. But allowing a kickoff return for a touchdown? Bullpucky!

Defense. Have some work to do. The front four are pretty darn good. But you can tell they are trying to fill holes in the secondary.

Offense. I like, very much. Bradford is a great college quarterback and the receivers are just fine. Gresham is a freaking monster! Broyles is going to be very important. Their running game doesn't stand out but it really should. When they ignore it they don't look as good as they should. You got Murry, Brown and Madu. Madu could play for many schools and he is 3rd string. But the passing game is hard to go away from. They just have so many things they can do.

Cincinnati is a pretty good team. They have some really good players.

And I have to say that East Carolina is very uprising! First VT then WV? Wow!
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: College Football 2008!

Hey Ohio State dint look anything to amazing either. Next week against the over rated as usual USC team should be a good test.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

*points at avatar*

Hook'em Horns! \m/

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

when are you going to pick a real team?
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I'm rooting for Texas Tech. They have a fantastic line-up this year (as long as they can keep those kids out of trouble). Apparently, some of the new stars are a party-happy bunch that the coach is having a challenge keeping them reigned in, according to some of my friends who just graduated from Tech. I foresee many victories this season, though.

GUNS UP!
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Go Gators!!!!! <
            Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
              Hey Ohio State dint look anything to amazing either. Next week against the over rated as usual USC team should be a good test.
              They looked terrible yesterday. As long as Beanie is back for USC next week, then I think it should be a close game.

Comment

UVA fan here and not much to be proud of so far other than helping USC get to the #1 spot. We did beat Richmond though...

/me waits for Basketball season...
                Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

GO BUFFS!!

Although we barely beat Eastern Washington this past Sat... We have a tough schedule, but we also have the #1 running back recruit in the nation :)

|TG-9th|ZWood15
                  "By Any Means"

Comment

ASU

The Sun Devils have looked solid in their first two games this season. This coming week we square off with UNLV then it is onto smoking the Georgia Bulldogs!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, again, BOOMER SOONER! 55 points. Washington isn't all that good but 55 points on the road in a little over 3 quarters is impressive.

I will say that it is good that mizzu and OU don't play each other during the regular season. Should be a great Big 12 Championship game.

OSU? Sucks you didn't have Wells but I am not sure it would have helped you much.

The PAC 10, with the exception of USC just isn't that good.
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I am an Ohio State fan. We have been overrated for a few years. Need to get some fippin blocking.

Comment

The PAC 10, with the exception of USC just isn't that good.
                          Now how the hell can you come off saying that?

Pac 10 has 3 programs in the top 16 and a 4th in the top 25

Next week against the over rated as usual USC team should be a good test.
                          Look who is calling the kettle black!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid View Post
                            Now how the hell can you come off saying that?

Pac 10 has 3 programs in the top 16 and a 4th in the top 25

Look who is calling the kettle black!!
                            Well, Cal, one of your top 25, got absolutely whipped by an un-ranked Tarripin team. The score does not represent how Cal played at all.

Oregon, another of your top 25 barely eked out a win from another un-ranked team.

UNLV beats ASU. UNLV!

So out of those 4 two got beat buy un-ranked, and not very good, teams.

The rest of the PAC 10?

UCLA destroyed by BYU. I mean 59 zip!

Washington looked like a JV Squad against Oklahoma. OU could have scored 80 points. And OU has played badly on the road.

Washington State got beat, badly, by the worst team in the Big 12. Baylor and Iowa State are the big 12's whipping boys. Our scrimmage teams.

Arizona got beat by another nobody school. (And that saddens me. I like Mike Stoops and always root fro them.)

Your bright spots this week? Beavers and Trojans. And the Beavers beat a very bad Hawaii team.

I stand by my statement. The PAC 10 is weak this year and not very good.

*Edit. I forgot about Standford. They lost. But who can ever remember Stanford? I guess USC does. HA!

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                              Well, Cal, one of your top 25, got absolutely whipped by an un-ranked Tarripin team. The score does not represent how Cal played at all.

Oregon, another of your top 25 barely eked out a win from another un-ranked team.

UNLV beats ASU. UNLV!

So out of those 4 two got beat buy un-ranked, and not very good, teams.

The rest of the PAC 10?

UCLA destroyed by BYU. I mean 59 zip!

Washington looked like a JV Squad against Oklahoma. OU could have scored 80 points. And OU has played badly on the road.

Washington State got beat, badly, by the worst team in the Big 12. Baylor and Iowa State are the big 12's whipping boys. Our scrimmage teams.

Arizona got beat by another nobody school. (And that saddens me. I like Mike Stoops and always root fro them.)

You bright spots this week? Beavers and Trojans. And the Beavers beat a very bad Hawaii team.

I stand by my statement. The PAC 10 is weak this year and not very good.
                              Yup when I wrote that ASU was in control of the UNLV game but things changed rapidly. But a lot of ranked teams struggled against unranked opponents this weekend. Number 2 Georgia barely got by an unranked S. Carolina team and that is being nice the way I put that. ASU plays Georgia next weekend so hopefully they can take this defeat into that game and take out Georgia and get back on the winning ways. College football is starting to finally get some balance and like last year you will see a lot of upsets to nationally ranked programs. I think there will only be 2 teams that might go undefeated this year and I wouldn't be surprised if there are no undefeated teams at the end of the year.

This was definitely a bad week for the Pac 10 but I still think it is better than the Big 10. Rick Neuhisel is in his first year at UCLA and I have no doubts he won't turn that program around in a few years. Dennis Erickson is here to stay at ASU and is making some good progress Oregon is still strong and Cal will reload in a couple years.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X