Clear All

• Boxing Vs UFC

which do you prefer and why?
    im partial to UFC myself.
    Boxing
    18.52%
    UFC
    81.48%

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Re: Boxing Vs UFC

neither.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Boxing has three or four good fights a year and the UFC has three or four good fights a month.

Comment

boxing is dead in the US - as displayed by the miserable showing in the olympics this year.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

UFC rocks. After watching live Muy-Thai fighting when I was in Thailand, I realized how comparatively lame boxing was. UFC reminds me a lot of what I saw in Thailand. Real fighting at it's best.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Boxing is just too slow, nothing really happens...

UFC has a lot of punches, kicks and jabs thrown.
            |TG|
            ||||

Comment

My favorite part of the UFC is the chess game on the ground. Wicked Stuff!!!
              |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

UFC. Boxing is just head-hunting for the KO.

Sarcoma
                Sarcoma.

Comment

UFC is definitely more entertaining, but don't like how bloodthirsty its gotten.

Comment

I really enjoy MMA (UFC, Elite XC, Afliction, Pride, etc.) I find it more entertaining and like that with a lucky shot anyone can win.

And yes the BJJ and ground work is really amazing when you realise whats going on.

Comment

i was just thinking about this the other day.
                      (BIAS ALERT)
                      In the UFC fight (Chuck liddel vs Rashad Evens), it was so heated! The intensity was just so intense between the two. its like 5 minutes of hell for both men, the better man wins.
                      Boxing on the other hand, was just slow. When one guy starts getting beat up too hard, he gives the other guy a big hug and they stop fighting. Some punches were thrown, and one man got a lucky knockout. This was 12 rounds into the fight.....

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

Boxing is just another sport, UFC is some actual fighting
                        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

So it appears obvious that UFC is WAY more popular than boxing here in the Sandbox. Most of my friends are of the same opinion. It makes you wonder then, why is boxing promoted so much more than UFC? The media would have us believe that boxing is the more popular of the two. Is it?
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I never hear anything of boxing anymore. UFC is everywhere....

I thing TNA and WWE are still bigger than UFC - which is just a travesty. Pro wrestling is a soap opera for red neck guys. It actually makes my skin crawl every time it comes on.
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I'm not a fan of either. Boxing is kinda pointless overall, and UFC is nothing more than boxing where you're allowed to kick and tackle. Both sports disappoint me, but I think UFC disappoints me more because I see little martial arts in something that advertises itself as a "Mixed Martial Arts" competition.

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who studied martial arts with a deep focus on pressure point theory. Real encounters don't last as long as either typical boxing or UFC ones. Of course, constant short bouts would probably be a bad business model. :P
                              [squadl]
                              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X