Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Obama and Mccain really neck and neck?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Obama and Mccain really neck and neck?

Everywhere i look, the hype is behind obama. In my area, all i hear about is obama! Yet the news says there equal? Is this just pro Mccain "advertising" or is it true?

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Re: Are Obama and Mccain really neck and neck?

Problem solved, kid.
    Skud

Comment

California hasn't gone Republican in 20 years, and isn't going to be contested this year either. They will still hold a vote, but no one will really pay attention, because everyone knows ahead of time California will pick the Democratic candidate. Unless you live on Orange County, yes, you will hear nothing but hype about the Democratic Candidate, regardless of who that actually is.

This is not to say that there aren't Republican strongholds where the slant of advertising is just as much in the opposite direction, but just that its not surprising that your local coverage doesn't particularly reflect the national average. Yes, latest polls put them neck and neck.

Comment

aye, geuss i should have that one coming.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

Although their are different sources (websites and news on tv) saying that Obama has this amount of more votes than McCain and vice versa,
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

McCain is ahead in five of the seven major polls that came out in the last day.
            Even in polls that have them basically tied, McCain has a 17 point advantage on who "can best handle an unexpected crisis" and a 10 point lead "on dealing with the war in Iraq." Among white women, there has been a 22 point shift from Obama to McCain over the last couple of weeks. Probably not Hillary voters: 78 percent of women who wanted Hillary to win now support Obama, which is an uptick in Obama support among women for Hillary; however, almost a quarter of the Hillary vote is claiming support for McCain. Someone more mathity than I can tell you what that means about men who were for Hillary but are now for McCain.
            ---
            Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

There's a discussion in Freakonomics about how a black candidate will receive fewer votes than a poll indicates. I don't have it in front of me, but maybe someone recalls the passage.

Comment

Between Obama and Hillary 35 mil popular votes were cast in the primary. The GOP primary pulled in 11 mil votes total. I know it was shorter, but it's hard to believe all those energized Dems are suddenly voting for McCain. Something doesn't smell quite right.

Comment

But, as we know, popular vote doesn't mean anything.

Rove & Co. had Obama with about 260 electoral votes and McCain with 189. Others have Obama with around 270-280 and McCain in the 210-230 range.

Most say that Obama has more options when it comes to the final push.

I think that the debates are going to make or break Obama. McCain is the safety valve that people will go to if they get a-scared. But if Obama can stand up against McCain and not say something that will anger average joe then he will probably win.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                    McCain is the safety valve that people will go to if they get a-scared.
                    I'm fri-tunned Cleetus. Hyuk.
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I don't put any faith into these polls. Sure, they might be true this moment of this hour, with a certain margin of error. But take a look back in time at 2000. Polls obviously don't mean jack. Until all the votes are tallied and a president is officially elected, I just don't pay too much attention. It is interesting, though, to see how the countries temperature is at a given moment.

Personal experience, however, does seem to reflect what these polls show. Between every one I know, the support for the candidates seems about half and half.
                      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                        But, as we know, popular vote doesn't mean anything.
                        Polls are supposed to represent the popular vote and I don' think that's happening. IMO they are being spun somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                          There's a discussion in Freakonomics about how a black candidate will receive fewer votes than a poll indicates. I don't have it in front of me, but maybe someone recalls the passage.
                          That's because there are a lot of 'closet' racists out there, who will claim that they'd vote for a black candidate, while in fact they'd never consider it.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                            The so-called Wilder effect. Its not all about racists, as Tempus attests. It's also about people who make their private decision without regard to race, but publicly feel like they have to support the minority guy or someone might THINK they're a racist. Like Tempus, I guess.

Comment

Ehh I think Tempus is actually pretty right although I'm not sure if certain parts of the country are ready for a black president yet I dont think it would do any harm having Obama as first black president as long as he didnt mess up and do anything that would make average joe/average hick say "We're never having a black president again!".

@ Hamberglers comment: I dont think its ever happened that many times within the last 25 years, I'm not that experienced with changing out presidents or anything but IMO it seems like when a republican president gets in power they do change things around to dig in roots so that next election will get prefrence to going Republican, like said, I dont have much experience at all in viewing elections for as many years as most of you other heads have...

and at Gringo's comment; completely agree with the debate part, after the debates is really going to be the time where we realize who will probably end up having more electoral votes,
                              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X