This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas hits $5.00 now!

Gas in my area around Charleston, SC has officially up and above $5.00 a gallon due to Hurricane Ike getting ready to slam into Texas. Outrageous, unbeliveable and just plain sad. I believe we are seeing the end of the world.

Re: Gas hits $5.00 now!

And I thought I was mad when it jumped forty cents in two days. The last time I seen gas prices, it was at $3.94.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

At the beginning of the day they were average ~$3.50. :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

Comment

Canadians have it worse...

Europeans have it even worse...

Yet none of them complain...

I love our neighbors to the south...

But, stop complaining...

Originally posted by http://napatriot.blogspot.com/2008/01/gas-price-comparison-canada-vs-us.html
        we can calculate the price of gas in Canada at about $3.95 US/gallon. In the U.S., the average price is about $2.89/gallon.
        |TG|
        ||||

Comment

and here I was sitting at a 1/4 tank...

granted it'll probably last me until Monday if I'm not taking any trips, but I guess I forgot to take "natural disasters 2,000 miles away" into my fueling schedule. Though prices haven't jumped that much -so far-

There are some days that, oddly enough, I actually end up GLAD my Jetta's only the 2 liter.
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

gas in my area is around $3.46/gal, not too bad considering...
            sigpic
            I'm Back.

Comment

Sheesh i dont know how im gonna pay for gas :(
              I Read somewhere that filling up while the ground is cold is cheaper because the gas is denser
              So fill up in the morning!!!
              And yeah we don't even have it that bad. Europe is charged up the arse for gas
              Motorcycles ftw or public transit which isn't all that bad depending on where you live

Comment

Originally posted by =Sonic_Striker= View Post
                Canadians have it worse...

Europeans have it even worse...

Yet none of them complain...

I love our neighbors to the south...

But, stop complaining...
                That's what I've always been thinking, not canadians really no offense but if we paid what europe pays equal to a gallon then I'd bet their might be some minor riots..
                "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

3.59 here this evening.
                  Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

its £1.30 a litre here, so thats $2.60 per litre....$9.85 per gallon?! You are still cheap....

Comment

It's gone up because the texas refineries have shut down for Hurricane Ike.

Comment

I'm gonna say its gone up because Charleston is crazy. Most of the country has seen gas prices hover around $3.40 - $3.55 recently, and oil has actually DROPPED in price as Ike moves through now that we think it's going to miss most of the off-shore drilling platforms. I haven't seen any price spikes near my area recently. I think whichever gas station you bought from at $5.00 just ripped you off, is all.

Comment

Yeah, sounds like price gouging to me. Gas here is less than 3.50/gal.

Comment

thats price gouging, you should talk to your attorney general and get them to press charges against the stations that are charging those prices.

Comment

Something I have seen is some stations selling ethanol free gasoline. They charge more for it. Up to 75 cents more.
                              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X