Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

    Richard Gere, put a sock in it.

  • #2
    Re: Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

    Heh... I heard a "man on the street" type interview with Palestinians and none of them had even heard of Richard Gere. Good thing he's speaking for me, though...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

      "We don't need the Americans' intervention. We know who to elect. Not like them -- they elected a moron."

      Hahahahaha
      Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
      Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

        The Gere spot, sponsored by grassroots Israeli-Palestinian peace lobby One Voice, recalled ads put out by Hollywood notables to support Democratic candidate Sen. John Kerry in November's U.S. elections. He lost to President Bush.
        Hahaha! The reporter must have loved getting that one in there. :)
        [volun]

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

          Originally posted by GhostintheShell
          "We don't need the Americans' intervention. We know who to elect. Not like them -- they elected a moron."

          Hahahahaha

          although i dont agree with your end result its a good point...after this years elections and the year befores..... who in america really should not be taking "that" role.

          i just dont think america should be playing such an active role in this (if they are and this wasnt just one of this guys usual save the earth rubbish aatempts because he is famous) considering that people in palestine really dont have warm feelings when it comes to Mr Bush and Co.


          www.TeamElement.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

            I think American celebrities generally suffer from a mental disorder I like to call "Wealthy Insignificance". They are rich and well known but not for anything of import and therefore search out some fulfillment to justify their position in life. Very similar to white middle class liberal guilt.
            New to TG?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

              I totally agree with what you said Squid.

              I think they also let their ego lead them to believe that they are of some real influence and importance outside of their little hollywood bubble. Hence the meddling in politics.

              Hopefully when something like a Tsunami hits, they get a chance to realise that what they do is very trite and unimportant.

              I think that in the next 5 years there will be very few "working actors" in the world, and the ones that still exist will be for voice over work and get paid a fraction of the salaries they are getting today. Why do studios need to pay these retards like Tom Cruise 15-25 million per movie? CGI could replace all of those whining overpaid actors.
              Only their union could delay what I see as the inevitable end for them. Look at video game sales like HL2 and Halo, making more money than most movies on opening day.
              Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
              Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

                Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                I totally agree with what you said Squid.

                I think they also let their ego lead them to believe that they are of some real influence and importance outside of their little hollywood bubble. Hence the meddling in politics.

                Hopefully when something like a Tsunami hits, they get a chance to realise that what they do is very trite and unimportant.

                I think that in the next 5 years there will be very few "working actors" in the world, and the ones that still exist will be for voice over work and get paid a fraction of the salaries they are getting today. Why do studios need to pay these retards like Tom Cruise 15-25 million per movie? CGI could replace all of those whining overpaid actors.
                Only their union could delay what I see as the inevitable end for them. Look at video game sales like HL2 and Halo, making more money than most movies on opening day.


                i dont see it, yes games make lots of money and toystory aswell... but final fantasy was ****e,


                www.TeamElement.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

                  Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                  Why do studios need to pay these retards like Tom Cruise 15-25 million per movie? CGI could replace all of those whining overpaid actors.
                  CGI could easily replace Tom Cruise, but it couldn't replace good acting. Could you really imagine an animated Godfather instead of Marlon Brando? In the end CGI is programmed by a human. That programmer will never be able to do a better job than a great actor.
                  Wintermute

                  Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

                    I never understand why these celebrities think we care about their politics..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Hi, I'm leejo and I'm speaking for the entire world:

                      Originally posted by _Ender_
                      I never understand why these celebrities think we care about their politics..
                      The Dixie chicks learned quickly that when they mixed politics into their shows, fans showed how much they cared about that.

                      Though it was funny hearing them whine about people not buying their records because of their different political views :D

                      Comment

                      Connect

                      Collapse

                      TeamSpeak 3 Server

                      Collapse

                      Advertisement

                      Collapse

                      Twitter Feed

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X