• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETA with a sense of humor?

- Because that is all this could be -

PETA Wants Ben & Jerry's to Use Breast Milk
    sigpic

Re: PETA with a sense of humor?

wow, wonder how much women would charge for their breast milk? I can't imagine it would be cheaper than cow's milk. One scoop of Ben & Jerry's Double "D"elightful vanilla flavored now only $17.50
    Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

They could start putting the ice cream in jugs instead of boxes. So how are they justifying the breast milk. If they say cows are continually impregnated for the milk then how do they expect to get enough breast milk, that is safe and clean, for enough ice cream to make it feasible. Entire OB farms?
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post
        wow, wonder how much women would charge for their breast milk? I can't imagine it would be cheaper than cow's milk. One scoop of Ben & Jerry's Double "D"elightful vanilla flavored now only $17.50
        <shakes head in shame>
        :row__681:
        |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

How does one apply to be a USDA inspector for breast milk? Government jobs do have their perks.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

If you had to taste test...

oh my god.

This thread almost made me fall out of my chair in laughter.
            "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
            Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

One of my (crazy) friends had an idea like this a few months ago. I remember a conversation about 'Breast-Milk-Chocolate'. I also remember him saying this:
              "It would be better for you than cow's milk, but there may be a slight problem convincing the women to give us their milk."

The question is, would you eat ice-cream made from human milk?

Personally, I'd have to taste it first, and see if it tasted better, worse, or the same. If it was better or the same then... wait. Why am I even considering this? [beats head against wall to clear memory of past 5 minutes]
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

It's definitely got a sweeter taste than regular milk, but I can imagine that the milk banks around the country would "dry" up from people selling their milk as opposed to donating it?

Also as for the OB farms that Trooper suggested, the story says that cows only produce milk just before and after birth, while women, who are pumping or breastfeeding can produce milk for years. My wife breast fed both of our girls for their first year of life.
                Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

It's definitely got a sweeter taste than regular milk...
                  I can attest to this...

I have never been more attracted to my wife than while she was pregnant (both times). Hey man, leaks happen...whether your mouth is there or not.
                  :icon20:
                  |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

I'm a big dairy consumer, but not that big an ice cream fan. My consumption is big on cottage cheese, cream cheese, heavy cream (for my coffee), chocolate milk, sour cream, and lots of butter.

Carry on. :D
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Nah, come on. It's PETA. Everybody knows that they are..."a little bit weird".

I'm completely fine with people being vegetarians (I actually don't eat any kind of meat either, though only because I dislike it's taste), but I really can't stand when people think they are morally superior because they don't consume or use any animal products. But seriously, PETA is just insane. But as already said, I don't think I need to tell anyone that they are.

Comment

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals. :D
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Also as for the OB farms that Trooper suggested, the story says that cows only produce milk just before and after birth, while women, who are pumping or breastfeeding can produce milk for years. My wife breast fed both of our girls for their first year of life.
                          The story isn't very accurate, then. Cows can continuously produce milk, however their production levels drop off over time. You can milk a cow non-stop for a decade and you'd still get milk, but it'd probably be a quarter of a drop a day by the end of it. That's why milk cows are on cycles, to let them "lie fallow" for a little bit. Humans aren't much different. The other thing to note is that milk cows are bred and designed for high milk production, so each dairy cow falls within a certain standard of output. Humans aren't made this way, so some women produce more while others produce less. It's not a very viable solution, really.

Look at me, putting my animal science degree to work! I laughed when I read the article because PETA obviously hasn't done their research (yet again).
                          [squadl]
                          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
                            The story isn't very accurate, then. Cows can continuously produce milk, however their production levels drop off over time.
                            I thought that when I read it as well but I was too lazy to look it up. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                              TIf they say cows are continually impregnated for the milk then how do they expect to get enough breast milk, that is safe and clean, for enough ice cream to make it feasible. Entire OB farms?
                              Actually, every mammal will continue to produce milk for as long as it needs it. This is how you have these crazy women who have 11 year olds who are still breast feeding.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X