Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a PC!

TheRealPC.

For those who don't know, it's Microsoft's counter to Hi, I'm a Mac..

Very entertaining and funny. :)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: I'm a PC!

I'm Smokey, and I'm a Vista equipped PC, hence the helmet and elbow pads I must wear 24/7.

Comment

whats sad is it only took them 3 years to come up with a counter for these commercials
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

I had to listen to two idiots here in Kansas City on 96.5 The Buzz this past week, talking about how this commercial was a failure for Microsoft and how they didnt understand windows and how much they love their Apples and blah blah blah. The biggest issue was that callers tried to explain to them the issues of Vista SP1 and third party drivers and so on. But neither one of the DJs knew what drivers are or what they are used for in PCs.

I love the music on 96.5 the Buzz, but I cant stand Lazlo, the guy is a moron outside of radio.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Originally posted by Beinseth View Post
          I
          I love the music on 96.5 the Buzz, but I cant stand Lazlo, the guy is a moron outside of radio.

Lazlo? The radio DJ from GTAIV & GTA:VC?

Comment

IBM:
            [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwL0G9wK8j4&feature=related[/media]

Novel made a copy of the Mac commercials a while ago. They're reeaally corny, but the point gets across all the same.
            [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eTguZ5OzJ4[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-329Czokjk&feature=related[/media]
            Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
              whats sad is it only took them 3 years to come up with a counter for these commercials
              Has it been 3 years since the first "Hi, I am a Mac" commercial appeared in the U.S.?

I didn't notice those until last year.

I like the ending: "It feels good to admit it." :p Take that you pompous Mac user!
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

yeah id swear its been atleast that long....but i could be completely wrong.
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

I guess you're right. According to Apple's official website, it started in 2006. Ironically, I do remember seeing the 2006 Christmas TV ad, but last year. Guess they were doing reruns of old ads.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ldiazsantana/2869094754/

According to this source, the "commercials" were done using Mac versions of some Adobe products.

I'm seeing quite a few pro-Mac websites having a laugh over this and ridiculing Windows, but they fail to mention that Windows users have to thank for the popularity of Adobe's products. Also, the same products exist for PCs and could have been easily done on one.

A good counter and explanation: http://fournerds.blogspot.com/2006/0...l-of-****.html

Ironically I took a Photoshop course on a eMac. The thing had a 2 Ghz single-core, 512 MB of RAM, and locked up at least 5 times before I finished creating/editing a large graphic.

Either way, I tend to like PCs due to faster hardware and better price-performance ratios.

Back to watching more of those funny "I'm a Mac" commercials. :D

Edit: Corrected iMac to eMac. Was thinking about the iMacs DePaul recently acquired...
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

PC's empower the public, MACs keep them pacified.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeyandthebandit View Post
                        Lazlo? The radio DJ from GTAIV & GTA:VC?
                        LOL, I was just about to say that. :D
                        He was also in GTA 3 too.

POE2 Developer

Comment

I prefere this version:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PhJp3ciRQ[/media]

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                            I'm seeing quite a few pro-Mac websites having a laugh over this and ridiculing Windows, but they fail to mention that Windows users have to thank for the popularity of Adobe's products. Also, the same products exist for PCs and could have been easily done on one.
                            Are you trying to say that the PC version of Adobe's products are what made them what they are today? If so, I don't think you could be more wrong. I think that Apple dominates in the graphics industry and pretty much nowhere else (except maybe hippy nerd consumers). Adobe would be no where without Apple Macintosh.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Best Mac advert ever:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHJkAYdT7qo[/media]
                              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X