From my EDN magazine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From my EDN magazine

(FYI: EDN is an electronics magazine I get at work).

Gates of hell?

"The first and most effective measure you can take to secure your computers is to immediately remove all your Microsoft products and never install them again."

Eric Raymond, author of The Art of Unix Programming, in The Boston Globe, Aug 27, 2003

Buff your geekspeak

"Half the guys on your fireteam are llamas, total smacktards who couldn't hit the side of a barn with a BFG, much less a standard assault rifle. And the other half committed so many TKs they might as well have been fighting on the other side."

Hiawatha Bray, on computer-game terminology, in The Boston Globe, Sept 10, 2003

I thought these quotes were interesting :P

i see Hiawatha Bray knows Skylark well indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Chey
      i see Hiawatha Bray knows Skylark well indeed
      Now that you mention it, I wonder if Hiawatha was actually watching NULL in action.... :mrgreen:

Comment

lol, i think you might be right

Comment

Re: From my EDN magazine

Originally posted by Wolfie
          Buff your geekspeak

"Half the guys on your fireteam are llamas, total smacktards who couldn't hit the side of a barn with a BFG, much less a standard assault rifle. And the other half committed so many TKs they might as well have been fighting on the other side."

Hiawatha Bray, on computer-game terminology, in The Boston Globe, Sept 10, 2003

I thought these quotes were interesting :P
          Heh.. I talked to Mr. Bray when he was writing this article... Nice guy.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X