"America is a Toxic Asset"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "America is a Toxic Asset"

Welp, the thread title says it all. I've tried to really put a summation on everything I've seen the past 10 years and it's basically led to this point in time when our markets are failing as well as our government. America itself is a toxic asset. I'd like everyone to just chew on this term for a while and think about it before posting. I'm not being unpatriotic, I'm as much a patriot as anyone else is, but I'm also a realist.

Right now as we speak the world is spitting out anything with a USA label on it, from toys, to our military, our dollar, and our financials. If we examine the global markets literally they're CHOKING on american "assets." Those that didnt drink the USA kool-aid are free and clear and doing well, those that did are getting socialized or they perish.

It seems like everything we're doing in this country is failing. We have nothing but a military. And soon we wont have that.

We have the worst education of any developed society, we manufacture nothing, we innovate very little these days and what we do is largely stolen from overseas minds. Wars are taboo these days so our military is near useless with regards to expansion. Socially we're inept and have trouble even looking at countrymen with even the slightest of differing views... from race to political affiliation and everything in between. We're the unhealthiest developed country in the world - fat, bloated, dimwits we are to match our worthless health care model (which is a function of our monetary policies). Our model for democracy has failed to a point that requires a Revolution to recover. Foreign policy?? LoL Our foreign policy consists of our wealthiest individuals carrying as much of their fortunes as they can overseas. Our whole global outlook is pathetic and our values with regards to finance are sick from top to bottom.

... listening to foreign economists describe US assets as "toxic" makes my ulcers flare up. They are quite truthfully stating the facts that anyone invested in our "great country" has or will indeed fail. I'm at the point now where I feel sorry for those who were dumb enough to. ('cept the Arabs... let them drown in their oil)

thoughts? (or lack thereof considering we Americans dont seem to be very good at it)

I leave this post with a few new images of our new flag
    [media]http://www.aaatee.com/picstrip/USSA.jpg[/media]
    [media]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/c/c1/USSA_Flag.PNG/200px-USSA_Flag.PNG[/media]
    [media]http://www.libertyforlife.com/images/american-flag-ussa2s.gif[/media]
    [media]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/a/a7/USSA_Emblem.jpg/200px-USSA_Emblem.jpg[/media]

Interesting story that might be worth reading:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_in_the_USSA

Re: "America is a Toxic Asset"

Why are you doing this man?

Why are you purposefully bringing this upon yourself? You're just offensive in this thread - you're hoping for negative responses so you can argue some minuscule brilliant point your mind cooked up while writing this thread!

I look forward to not having to read this kind of "thought provoking" material anymore. It's demoralizing, degenerate, and offensive to those of us who still give a damn.

I want to see you explain how you're always right, while everyone else is always wrong.

Your opinion is not anymore important than mine or anyone elses here - we are all equals. I don't care how much education you have, how much money you make, what color your body hair is, what kind of car you drive - all opinions are valid.

This isn't "thought provoking."

You read some alternate history book and you think you're some forum demi-god. That you have some right to tell us what we're all doing wrong. Run for president already. We could use some more pompous politicians!

If you're not part of the solution, Gambit, you're part of the problem. I'm part of the solution. Why aren't you?
    Last edited by Skud; 09-30-2008, 03:17 AM.
    Skud

Comment

I think anyone who complains about the United States should come and live in on of these European states you always claim to be so great. Either it changes your opinion, or the US has one guy who just keeps on bashing it less on it's soil.

Seriously. Yes, there is a lot of things wrong with the US, but your post simply consists of America-bashing and exaggeration. Please feel free to open threads about a couple of valid problems the US of A have, but just stop of randomly claiming there are so many bad things about the USA and every random country that did not give in to it's evil influence is now great and a bastion of freedom. Just look at the countries that are the greatest opponents of the United States: North Korea, Iran, Kuba, all not exactly "free" and "doing well" countries. China is doing well, but certainly not free; Russia isn't very free either. Not that I'd really like representative democracy, but it's certainly the least of all evils.

Please don't be too angry at me for my bad English, I'm just pretty tired and also a little bit sick at the moment :/ .

Comment

I'm not sure how the "toxicity" leads by necessity to communist iconography...
        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Way to bitch out when the going gets tough...

Comment

I'm sorry, but I really cannot read this without viewing you with a sense of disgust. But one should have seen it coming, really. Whenever the going gets tough, all sorts of characters come out of the woodwork. At this point all you can do is grit your teeth and smile at misfortune. No sense in looking back and saying "Shouldawouldacoulda."

Comment

I am going to assume a lot of the post content was due to frustration at the current state of affairs. I don't even see a need to attempt to argue individual points because I don't see how that are particularly based on any fact or "realism." We are going through an economic hard time. This is neither the first time this has happened nor will it be the last time. The goal is to restore confidence and stability in the economy, not fall into despair and say the country is ending in some form. This will not be a short process but it can happen.
              "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
              -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                Way to bitch out when the going gets tough...
                Agreed. When our nation was formed, our forefathers were willing to be killed, imprisoned, and sacrifice everything to provide us with the freedoms we enjoy today. The most brilliant minds of the time got together to form our young nation. They didn't just complain in ye ole towne hall meetings (the equivalent of internet forums circa 1776). They DID something about it. I understand your frustrations, but does throwing all your complaints in one forum help anything out? Why not get involved in politics? If you can't stand your nation that much, that's perfectly fine, but I must ask why then, do you not find another nation to emigrate to?
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I will point out that its a hell of a lot easier to do something when the population of the eventual United States was about that of Nevada's current population. (2,527,450)

I'm sorry, but I really cannot read this without viewing you with a sense of disgust. But one should have seen it coming, really. Whenever the going gets tough, all sorts of characters come out of the woodwork. At this point all you can do is grit your teeth and smile at misfortune. No sense in looking back and saying "Shouldawouldacoulda."
                  Disgust? Really? That's awfully judgmental.

Your opinion is not anymore important than mine or anyone elses here - we are all equals. I don't care how much education you have, how much money you make, what color your body hair is, what kind of car you drive - all opinions are valid.
                  Excuse me? I'm going to take the opinion of an economist over that of a janitor with regards to anything economic.
                  I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

While I understand the OPs viewpoint of our current situation. Would it not be better to point out that there are problems and that maybe we should get off our fat asses. A true leader and visionary will give the masses direction and hope. But to run around and play the little chicken screaming that the sky is falling, does no one any good.

Yes, the US is in trouble. But not to any point that we are going to fold tomorrow. We have lived through alot worse in our 200 years and we shall see worse in the future. We need to demand better from our politicians, our businessmen, our educators and more importantly ourselves.

Stop living on credit. Stop living on someone else. Start living for ourselves and our families. This is the foundation of The United States of America. God(whatever form you believe), Family and Country.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

You must first acknowledge a problem exists before you can fix it. All empires come to an end and putting on some government issued proud American blinders isn't going to fix sqwat. The problems our country is having now were foreseeable for years and no one did anything about them and are still dong nothing about them. As long as people are motivated by excess we are going to continue our decline and finally collapse.

The offense that his very obviously true examples invoke scare the hell out of me. You might as well put on your red patriot scarves, keep your mouths shut and be good company yes men.

Comment

Okay, I've been in the air travelling all day while this thread has been marinating. I see I evoked the expected response... i.e. "how dare you," "you disgust me," "our forefathers..." yada yada

None of this means anything to me. I'm a progressive. I call it like it is and work to improve it, I dont wallow in my own self-image... which is what Americans have been doing for way too long and largely what I expected in many responses to my post.

If you have a problem with the FACT that America is INDEED a toxic asset (or perhaps you have a problem with my post), then get off YOUR asses and do something about it. Dont "kill the messenger" (as chris rock says). There's nothing but sour truths in my original post... very sour. Open your eyes to the world we live in and you will see.

What I've stated here is not opinion or conjecture, it's just the raw facts of the matter. So dont jump on me for stating the obvious. Dont like the look of our new USSA flag? Then pay attention to where your country is headed and be proactive. Simply SPOUTING patriotism and patting our soldiers on the back isnt gonna be enough this time fellas; aint gonna shoot our way outta this one.

Think I'm pissed? I am. Extremely. Am I proud to be an American right now? Nope. Why should I be! That's like being proud to be on an 0-16 football team; makes no damned sense. I'm PROUD for where this country COULD go and HAS been at times in the past, but right now I see "toxic asset" as does much of the world financial community. The first thing you've gotta do to "right the ship" is to come to terms with the fact that you're sinking. You cant get any better at something by thinking you dont initially SUCK. Did our forefathers wallow in their greatness? uhhh no... they had the Boston Tea Party. They realized they lived in an f-ed up country and decided to take action. And so should we now.

The Japanese said all they did was awaken a "sleeping giant" when they attacked Pearl Harbor. Well, the "Sleeper" needs to awaken again or risk mediocrity or worse. The issues we face today arent going to repair themselves. They wont just go away because our patriotic Will is strong, nor will they go away by being lackadaisical or beating down those who direct your attentions away from your white-picket fences and onto the real issues at hand.

And lastly, none of this is going to go away with some fruity "visions of hope" or even leadership. It'll go away with self-induced action upon yourselves and friendly education of your fellow citizens. That's the democratic way. Otherwise, I've got some more USSA flag images I can link if you'd like. :)

P.S.
                        Screaming "The sky is falling" is how the USA was born. Those that disagreed were loyalists or owned slaves in the South. Relatively speaking, which are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                          Welp, the thread title says it all. I've tried to really put a summation on everything I've seen the past 10 years and it's basically led to this point in time when our markets are failing as well as our government. America itself is a toxic asset. I'd like everyone to just chew on this term for a while and think about it before posting. I'm not being unpatriotic, I'm as much a patriot as anyone else is, but I'm also a realist.

Right now as we speak the world is spitting out anything with a USA label on it, from toys, to our military, our dollar, and our financials. If we examine the global markets literally they're CHOKING on american "assets." Those that didnt drink the USA kool-aid are free and clear and doing well, those that did are getting socialized or they perish.

It seems like everything we're doing in this country is failing. We have nothing but a military. And soon we wont have that.

We have the worst education of any developed society, we manufacture nothing, we innovate very little these days and what we do is largely stolen from overseas minds. Wars are taboo these days so our military is near useless with regards to expansion. Socially we're inept and have trouble even looking at countrymen with even the slightest of differing views... from race to political affiliation and everything in between. We're the unhealthiest developed country in the world - fat, bloated, dimwits we are to match our worthless health care model (which is a function of our monetary policies). Our model for democracy has failed to a point that requires a Revolution to recover. Foreign policy?? LoL Our foreign policy consists of our wealthiest individuals carrying as much of their fortunes as they can overseas. Our whole global outlook is pathetic and our values with regards to finance are sick from top to bottom.

... listening to foreign economists describe US assets as "toxic" makes my ulcers flare up. They are quite truthfully stating the facts that anyone invested in our "great country" has or will indeed fail. I'm at the point now where I feel sorry for those who were dumb enough to. ('cept the Arabs... let them drown in their oil)

thoughts? (or lack thereof considering we Americans dont seem to be very good at it)

I leave this post with a few new images of our new flag
                          [media]http://www.aaatee.com/picstrip/USSA.jpg[/media]
                          [media]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/c/c1/USSA_Flag.PNG/200px-USSA_Flag.PNG[/media]
                          [media]http://www.libertyforlife.com/images/american-flag-ussa2s.gif[/media]
                          [media]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/a/a7/USSA_Emblem.jpg/200px-USSA_Emblem.jpg[/media]

Interesting story that might be worth reading:
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_in_the_USSA
                          I am editing my post because there was no reason for me to curse even if it was in acronym form but my response to your little tantrum is below:

Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 09-30-2008, 08:04 PM. Reason: revision/not worth cursing even if in acronym form
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I have invented a new word in honor of this thread. Remember the horrific s/he? Ladies and gentlemen I give you the f/tool.

Comment

You aren't telling it like it is, nor have you engaged much fact, despite coming close on a few accounts. You could have made some cogent, valid points if you had kept your id in your pants and played it cool.

Instead, you let yourself exaggerate, hyperbolize and rant, which immediately relegates the post to a class of forum participation just above flame or troll: a narcissistic faux-intellectual diatribe full of your illusory enlightened perspective. As if such masturbation of ego isn't enough, you snub a handful of cultural touchstones to guarantee your soapbox tantrum will get an attention pacifier for you to snuggle with.

Ok, I paid attention to you. Now I'm done. Was it good for you?
                              sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...