Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: The Map Of Misery

Soooo.... like many of our nation's problems, can we also blame our current situation on California as well? Cool!
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

*looks LOCATION: under my avatar*

oh boy...

| |

Comment

I wouldn't say it's all their fault. California does have the largest population of the U.S. and it's expensive to live there.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I never have an problems in the /bin.

But seriously, Minnesota is up there, higher than most states it seems. Dang...
          I guess people just want to be up here so much that they'd do anything. Understandable.
          Waldo II

Comment

uhhh CA= largest population, lots of illegals and ghettos, lots of expensive housing.

lots of business over here too.
            but why not new york?

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

According to this map, my state is one happy state. w00t.

Comment

Originally posted by RudeBoy View Post
                uhhh CA= largest population, lots of illegals and ghettos, lots of expensive housing.

lots of business over here too.
                but why not new york?
                I'd say it's because Californians are of a completely different mindset. I'm not including you in my generalization, but spending time in both California and New York has shown me how different they are. Californians are so different, they might as well be their own country.

Yes, it's expensive to live in NYC, but many people are perfectly content to rent there, thus cutting them out of the mortgage statistics. Upstate NY isn't near so expensive.

Whereas in Cali, people are willing to pay whatever for a house and do all sorts of wacky mortgages to get them. Reverse amortization loans in hopes that a home will appreciate faster than the principle? 50 year mortgages? Californians totally brought this on themselves and I don't feel bad for them one bit.

They've come to Texas in droves and they will pay MORE than a sellers asking price for a home often times. That in turn raises the local market prices and screws us locals. It happened to me in San Antonio a few years back. It's partially because of that mindset of not caring what the price is that causes run away home inflation. (Amongst several other factors, of course)
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

The percentage of new and refinanced mortgages into loans with payment options.

Uh... what the heck?

OK... it is the changing of the mortgage INTO a loan... but what do they mean by payment options?

"I choose the never pay you but still live in my house option!"
                  "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                  Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                  " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I can't quite follow what that label means either. Can anyone explain to me what this map actually shows?

Comment

I am so glad I am not the only one... li'l help here.
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                        I'd say it's because Californians are of a completely different mindset. I'm not including you in my generalization, but spending time in both California and New York has shown me how different they are. Californians are so different, they might as well be their own country.
                        I was born here, and sometimes think we need to put a border patrol on the east and north, to keep people from other states out.

I was at a LAN in Virginia once and a waitress there couldn't wait to come to California, the place of Hollywood dreams. She clearly had no clue what it's really like here. (Our party tried to set her straight, but you could still see the stars in her eyes.)

We do have the nice climate, and depending on where you live, skiing is a couple hours from the beach. And SoCal I guess must be one big party all the time, to watch what it's like on TV. (I'm in NorCal.)
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                          I never have an problems in the /bin.

But seriously, Minnesota is up there, higher than most states it seems. Dang...
                          I guess people just want to be up here so much that they'd do anything. Understandable.
                          Yeah. Masochism is a hell of a drug...

Weird to actually see a distribution graph, though. Somehow I'd thought that this was mostly an East Coast, big city problem.

Comment

I think i can see why Arizona, Florida and parts of california are so high, primarily because those 3 states are retirement states...And in florida I believe there isn't a tax of sorts that gets many new englanders and many retirees from Pennsylvania and New York living purchasing homes in those regions etc.......If that makes any sense. It is monday morning and i am not functioning well.
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...