No announcement yet.

Economic auto news

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economic auto news

I was in the process of posting this in the general forum, but the more I wrote, the more it went downhill. So now I'm here. :row__635:

One of my fav. websites is, and every month they post the sales results for the month from all the major automotive companies. If you look back over the last half year or so, it is pretty much the same thing every month, with US makers loosing big, and Asian makers doing between pretty good and at least making sales.

Well, they posted Sept. sales today, and it is not good

By the Numbers - September 2008: Nobody Wins Edition

For the record, we suppose Audi is this month's Biggest Winner with a sales drop of just 5.4%, while HUMMER is again our Biggest Loser with a 54.8% fall in sales. You can peruse the rest of the carnage below for yourself.
    and the rest.......................

You think that's bad, just wait till the end of Oct. reports. There's going to be a lot of dealerships going out of business.

While also in big news today:
    Detroit Three pass credit check, $25 billion in gov't loans approved

While the U.S. banking industry is still waiting for Congress to give it a $700 billion hand, President Bush signed into law last night the spending bill that gives U.S. automakers $25 billion in loans to get their collective act together.
    Why do they need that much money to get their acts together???????? WTF
    They should have seen this coming for years. They had plenty of time to act, but didn't. Now, again, we have to all pay for it.

Glad I don't own any of their stocks:

General Motors Corporation (GM)

Ford Motor Co.

If you want a laugh/cough, go to that link to GM and under the chart click on the 5 year graph. Notice a trend? You going to tell me they didn't know they were making cars people didn't want?

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Economic auto news

That's why I rip on the big 3 all the time. They just don't learn. As much as I have wanted to buy an American car for the principle of it, they just haven't given me a good reason to. I've ONLY owned cars manufactured by Honda, Toyota, Subaru, and Mazda. They've made products I actually want. I'm going German next, though.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed