Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 weapons that changed the world...video...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 weapons that changed the world...video...

Pretty cool video feature, from one of my top ten web sites:

http://shock.military.com/Shock/vide...soldiertech.nl
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: 10 weapons that changed the world...video...

They might want to add the internet to that list.

Comment

its a good list but that host bugs the crap out of me....he is just so overly dramatic. Its the one reason i cant watch future weapons anymore.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
        its a good list but that host bugs the crap out of me....he is just so overly dramatic. Its the one reason i cant watch future weapons anymore.
        agreed
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Im surprised he did not have the M1 garand or the air craft carrier.
          -Vulcan

Comment

ummm, was the hydrogen bomb in there?

Comment

none of the nuclear stuff was
              -Vulcan

Comment

none of the nuclear stuff was
                Then it's a meaningless list. I thought I DID see the ICBM as #2 though, but that's just a delivery system... if that's the case then the V2 would be more appropriate.

bah! I stopped watching that show a long time ago...it had potential but the ex Navy Seal dropped the ball IMO, or rather his producers.

Comment

Im surprised he did not have the M1 garand or the air craft carrier.
                  The aircraft carrier should be #1. Nothing has allowed this country to project power in a more efficient manner.

Nukes are only useful if they believe you will use them. A non nuclear country does not have to fear the US. Even a nuclear country doesn't have to fear the US if they don't threaten the use of nukes themselves.
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

yah i kind of agree
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                      agreed
                      same here

I think the most resent episode of this show had the Nimitz Class aircraft carrier as #1.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Originally posted by Beinseth View Post
                        same here

I think the most resent episode of this show had the Nimitz Class aircraft carrier as #1.
                        Well good.

I kinda like the show itself. But the way that guy talks is just annoying.

I think the problem is he is trying to appear serious because the topic is about things that are designed to destroy humans and their possessions. But underneath he is probably lusting after all those devices and rejoices in their destructive power.

So it all comes off just seeming fake.

Comment

Originally Posted by El_Gringo_Grande
                          But the way that guy talks is just annoying.
                          Agreed. If he was giving a boring military lecture in 90 plus heat, that tone would be ok. For a TV show, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                            Then it's a meaningless list. I thought I DID see the ICBM as #2 though, but that's just a delivery system... if that's the case then the V2 would be more appropriate.

bah! I stopped watching that show a long time ago...it had potential but the ex Navy Seal dropped the ball IMO, or rather his producers.
                            Given the limit to the last 60 years, I think the V2 wouldn't have fallen in the expected range. And while the H-bomb certainly made atomic warfare look even less appealing, I think the argument could be made that ICBMs are what took the "war" out of nuclear war. You could shoot down incoming planes in the late 50s, but there was no protection from ICBMs, and that's what made MAD work.

Since this was "Mack's Choice", did anyone catch the original 10 weapons that changed the world and see if the H-bomb was on the original list and that's why he chose something different? Or did it not qualify because the H-bomb was already being studied in the early 40s? I gather the original list was voted on by defense industry folk and had to be about weapons largely developed post-WWII.
                            ---
                            Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Well, if we're gonna say the carrier then we've gotta say the Aegis Cruiser... which moves past launching aircraft in favor of unmanned missiles and technically brings more firepower to bear then either a Carrier or a Battleship for that matter. Right?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X