Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexican government publishes comic book guide to illegal immigration.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican government publishes comic book guide to illegal immigration.

http://www.sre.gob.mx/tramites/consulares/guiamigrante

Excerpts from the booklet, translated from Spanish, follow.

INTRODUCTION

Dear Countryman:

This guide is meant to give you some practical advice that could be useful if you have made the difficult decision to seek new labor opportunities outside your country.

The safe way to enter another country is to obtain your passport from the Mexican Foreign Ministry, and a visa from the embassy or consulate of the country to which you wish to travel.

Still, in practice we see many cases of Mexicans who try to cross the northern border without the necessary documents, traveling through dangerous terrain, which includes deserts and rivers with strong and sometimes invisible currents.

By reading this guide, you can also find out about basic legal issues concerning your stay in the United States of America without the appropriate immigration documentation, as well as about the rights you have in that country, once there, regardless of your migratory status.

Always keep in mind that there are mechanisms so that you may enter the United States of America legally.
    CROSSING DANGERS

Crossing the river can be very risky, especially if you cross alone and at night.

Heavy clothing grows heavier when wet and this makes it difficult to swim or float.

If you cross the desert, try to walk during hours when the heat is not so intense.

Highways and towns are very spread out, so it will take several days to find roads and you will not be able to lug food or water for such a long time; you can also get lost.

Drinking water mixed with salt will help to replace lost body fluids. Although you will feel thirstier, there is a much lower risk of dehydration if you drink salt water.

If you get lost, use power lines, train tracks or dirt roads as guides.
    BE CAREFUL
    WITH POLLEROS

They may try to fool you with assurances that they will take you across in a few hours through mountains or deserts. This is not true! They can risk your life leading you across rivers, irrigation canals, desert zones, train lines or high-speed highways.

If you decide to resort to "polleros," "coyotes" or "pateros" to cross the border, consider the following precautions:

Do not let him out of your sight; remember that he is the only one who knows the terrain and, therefore, the only one who can lead you across.

Distrust anyone who offers to take you to the "other side" and asks you to drive a vehicle or carry a package for him. Those packages often contain drugs or other prohibited substances. For this reason, many people have ended up in prison.

If you transport other people, you could be confused with a "pollero" or "coyote," and they can accuse you of smuggling people or stealing a vehicle.
    DO NOT USE
    FALSE DOCUMENTS

If you try to cross with false documents or ones that belong to another person, keep in mind the following:

Using false documents or those of another person is a federal crime in the United States, for which you can be tried and sent to prison; the same is true if you use a false name or say you are a United States citizen when you are not.
    IF YOU ARE DETAINED

Don't resist arrest. Don't assault or insult the official.

Don't throw stones or objects at the official or at the patrol car, as this is considered a provocation of the officials.

If the officials feel assaulted, it's probable that they will use force to detain you. Raise your hands slowly so that they see that you are unarmed.

Don't run or try to escape.

Don't hide in dangerous places. Don't cross high-speed highways.

It is better that they detain you for a few hours and repatriate you to Mexico than that you get lost in the desert.
    YOU HAVE RIGHTS!

Your rights are:

To know where you are.

To ask permission to communicate with a representative of the nearest Mexican consulate, so that you can get help.

To refuse to make a declaration or sign documents, especially if they are in English, without the advice of a lawyer or a representative of the Mexican consulate.

To receive medical attention if you are injured or sick.

To be respected and treated well, no matter what your migrant status.

To be transported in a safe manner.

To have water and food whenever you need it.

Not to be hit or insulted. Not to be held incommunicado.

To ask for a receipt, so you can reclaim your belongings if they are taken from you.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Mexican government publishes comic book guide to illegal immigration.

First thing I thought of when I heard this story was the practice of distributing condoms to high school students.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I think it is good to have these out there. while I dont agree with illegal immigration obviously, the fact that someone is looking out for the people who would otherwise be extremely vulnerable to elements, poleros, corrupt officials, etc. knowing is half the battle..........
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I dunno. Seems a better use of Mexican tax dollars would be finding ways to improve the life of the average Mexican. If people are willing to risk death to leave your country, printing a comic book may not solve your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
          I think it is good to have these out there. while I dont agree with illegal immigration obviously, the fact that someone is looking out for the people who would otherwise be extremely vulnerable to elements, poleros, corrupt officials, etc. knowing is half the battle..........
          While I don't disagree that this advice is useful for illegal immigrants, I find it outrageous that the Mexican government is promoting illegal immigration in this manner and, even worse, that the United States has not scolded them for it!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

agreed, I don't think it is the best way to go about it, but informing people is never a bad thing. it sounded to me like a reworded warning about the dangers of trying it.....
            there was a lot of "and if you get past THAT, then you have to deal with the three-eyed, nine legged, fire breathing dragon on level four....."
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

okay, so both countries know that illegal immigration is.....illegal. yet the mexican government is making a survival guide for illegal immigrants. dunno about you, but i feel a small sense on hypocrisy here.

is our economy really that strong that we can take more illegal immigrants?

Comment

Hey Cing, I assume you saw the photoshop phriday on this.
                http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2597

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
                  Hey Cing, I assume you saw the photoshop phriday on this.
                  http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2597
                  No, OMG, I'm rolling on the floor....

Here's one that's appropriate for our community:
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X