My Dream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dream

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. - John F Kennedy

I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose. - John F Kennedy

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. - John F Kennedy

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHv_1Jct9NA[/media]

I predict.....

World war 3

or Civil War

both seem right around the corner actually.

This video is contraversial.............you could very well consider the Boy's and girls in this Video Terrorist. You could also call them fed up with their Country and it's Political Idea's.

Terrorist, Or great Revolutionist?

as Gambit was saying Believe it or Not, America is a Toxic Asset, we have very little in regaurds to Actual Organic product that we can offer to the rest of the world We dont put out enough Oil to even support our own economy, as a matter of fact the Only real thing america has to offer is Intelligence but even that doesnt look too bright for the Future as schools are dumbing themselves down and Countrys like Japan could easily outpass us in that Department, America's greatest assets are our Corporate caretakers

Microsoft
    General Electric
    Boeing
    Intel
    AMD

Those and a few other big ones are the only company's that could ever offer anything to the world, but the money America makes off these products is just a surcharge of the Money spent on the actual Materials to make these products, all we do is take what other people Pull from the Ground and make something Neat with it.......this Won't run our economy much longer unless alternative sources of energy are found and we work to strengthen our Economic power in what we have to offer the rest of the world....as it stands americans are mostly too fat and lazy or dumb to really care to be Creative. Gambit's thread showed me just how many of you believe the My Country 'tis of thee bullcrap that people get fed on a day to day basis. America's dying, if it keeps dying I won't invest in it - I'll pack my bags and get a Visa to a country in Europe or Asia that is Productive but carries the same ideals as america in regaurds to Having people who are Free to do what they like practice whatever religion they like, But Refuses to Step on another Country while keeping that goal in mind. Am I willing to do what I can to make the difference? of course, I love my Flag. Am I willing to sacrifice myself blindly while I get sucked down with that flag? No, better things to do thanks.
    Last edited by stickyjeans69; 10-06-2008, 06:01 PM.

Re: My Dream

I'm curious where in California you live. I honestly do believe that many people from certain parts of our nation see things through a very narrow lens. Just as actors in Hollywood are so opinionated, but are very out of touch with real America. Yes, I see that we have problems, but I don't think they're as bad as people make them out to be. I believe the media blows things way out of proportion, which then sometimes becomes self fulfilled prophecies. I totally blame the current economic problems on them. When people run around screaming the sky is falling for years, eventually people start to believe them and lose faith in our economic standing and their behavior starts to reflect that.

I see things from more of a middle of America point of view. I see lots of successful small business owners. I see people taking advantage of opportunities that they themselves seek out. I see lots of people enjoying life. I see lots of wonderful patriots and citizens. Despite the floundering stock market, I don't know anyone whom has had their lives truly effected one way or the other because of it. Call me blind, ignorant, or even naive if you want, but I prefer to see the glass as half full, rather than half empty.

I also attribute my own personal successes in life to that positive outlook and philosophy. If you go through life feeling sorry for yourself or the nation, YOU are what's holding yourself back. You probably believe the nation depends on giant corporations to get by, but that is far from the truth. Much of our economy is based on small businesses that are actually doing pretty well. I just really don't understand such a depressing outlook for the country. I for one think we'll be just fine in the end. And hey, even if we end up an apocalyptic wasteland, I'll be thankful I was "clinging to guns and religion" to get by. ;)
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
      I'm curious where in California you live. I honestly do believe that many people from certain parts of our nation see things through a very narrow lens. Just as actors in Hollywood are so opinionated, but are very out of touch with real America. Yes, I see that we have problems, but I don't think they're as bad as people make them out to be. I believe the media blows things way out of proportion, which then sometimes becomes self fulfilled prophecies. I totally blame the current economic problems on them. When people run around screaming the sky is falling for years, eventually people start to believe them and lose faith in our economic standing and their behavior starts to reflect that.

I see things from more of a middle of America point of view. I see lots of successful small business owners. I see people taking advantage of opportunities that they themselves seek out. I see lots of people enjoying life. I see lots of wonderful patriots and citizens. Despite the floundering stock market, I don't know anyone whom has had their lives truly effected one way or the other because of it. Call me blind, ignorant, or even naive if you want, but I prefer to see the glass as half full, rather than half empty.

I also attribute my own personal successes in life to that positive outlook and philosophy. If you go through life feeling sorry for yourself or the nation, YOU are what's holding yourself back. You probably believe the nation depends on giant corporations to get by, but that is far from the truth. Much of our economy is based on small businesses that are actually doing pretty well. I just really don't understand such a depressing outlook for the country. I for one think we'll be just fine in the end. And hey, even if we end up an apocalyptic wasteland, I'll be thankful I was "clinging to guns and religion" to get by. ;)
      I dont live in California anymore, However I've never cared for the hollywood outlook, RHCP turns me off ;). I live near Denver Colorado, I work for a small place called JJ Madwells it's an Italian Resteraunt and it holds its own very well. I'm good friends with the Owner Tony and his Business Does do well.....However

A Country's Economic Power is not based on What flourishes Inside the Nation as it's all Liquidation of Assets. the Thing that makes a country strong Economically is What that country has to offer to the rest of the world. in that sense wouldn't you agree we're Spinning out of control?.

All you have to do is look at today's "young Great minds". mostly Idiots like myself :)

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
        I dont live in California anymore, However I've never cared for the hollywood outlook, RHCP turns me off ;). I live near Denver Colorado, I work for a small place called JJ Madwells it's an Italian Resteraunt and it holds its own very well. I'm good friends with the Owner Tony and his Business Does do well.....However

A Country's Economic Power is not based on What flourishes Inside the Nation as it's all Liquidation of Assets. the Thing that makes a country strong Economically is What that country has to offer to the rest of the world. in that sense wouldn't you agree we're Spinning out of control?.

All you have to do is look at today's "young Great minds". mostly Idiots like myself :)
        I would indeed agree that certain things are spinning out of control, BUT I do honestly believe things will bounce back after everything sorts itself out. I know what you mean by today's "young Great minds," BUT that all depends on who you associate with. There's always going to be tons of idiots out there. That's a discouraging thing if that's who you see. I, however, live in a place with many young well educated professionals. My immediate neighbors at my downtown apartment in Fort Worth are some of the brightest people I know. One of them has both a masters and a doctorate, and now working on an MBA for fun...all while working full time. Oh yeah, and she's only 25. My other neighbor is a young Civil Engineer straight out of Purdue. She's also quite a brain. Her neighbor, whom is also one of my best friends is one of the most well traveled and most experienced person I've known. I don't hang out with dopes and losers. I used to consort with that crowd, but I outgrew them and left them behind. They're all right where I left them 8 years ago. They're still dopes and losers working dead end jobs, living with their parents, and no ambition. I'm sure my outlook would also be grim if I still hung out with them. I choose to hang out with brighter, more ambitious people, though. Heck, the TG community is a good example of that. We may have our disagreements, but I don't consider anyone here stupid. Most of you are pretty darned smart. THAT'S why I feel optimistic. Even the microcosm of our TG community is proof of intelligence in our great nation.

Comment

if America's Global market kept going the way it is? falling into debt........Then what though? You need something really Creative that the rest of the world wants to be a player in America's Power. we haven't done anything much Astounding for a while... Just funding Laser's for Missile defense and improving old designs that Other countrys easily compete with. so Far i see all your Optimism but whats the Optimism backed by?, because there's a smart kid from Purdue in your Neighborhood....

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

You could be Wise as no other, extremely knowledgable.....but then you're just a Puppet for the those who use their Imagination :)

Comment

My optimism is backed by what I actually see with my own two eyes. It's backed by my experiences in life. And believe me, many of us who have served in the military, experience more in 6 years than many do in a lifetime. I also see things from a pretty broad view. You see, I'm a gypsy of sorts. I experienced the world as a C-5 crew member in the Air Force, and now that I'm a civilian again, I do contract oil and gas work all over the place. I haven't seen my apartment in well over a month. I bounce from town to town doing jobs for various oil companies and living out of hotels. I see and interact with a pretty broad view of the American spectrum. From the hookers and dead beat druggies that frequent some of the roach motels I've stayed at for months on end, to the highest of society in Dallas.

From all this, I can see that we are going to be just fine. Things are no worse than they ever have been. You might be too young to remember the REAL recession of the early 80's. That was tough. My dad was unemployed for a while. So were many of my friends parents as well. My best friends (whom are actually still my best friends today), couldn't afford water or electricity for about 3 months, so they'd go down the road to the river to bathe and stay at our house on weekends. We lived off beans and rice for a long time. Neighbors would all get together to cook dinners to feed all us kids. It was tough for our parents, but we as kids honestly didn't care. And you know what? We all made it through just fine. Until times get as difficult as those, I don't think our nation is THAT bad off. I saw what our communities can do when times get tough and we work together.

I don't know a single person going hungry or giving up water and electricity these days. Even the losers have it made in the shade. Why do you worry so much?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X