None of the Above

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• None of the Above

If None of the Above were available on your ballot, would you vote for it?

I think some people tried to get it into the California initiative process at one point and Common Cause blocked it. (Although searching their website turns up a "no position" for such a measure in Massachusetts.)

While looking for the CC position I found this website advocating the NOTA idea:

http://nota.org/
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: None of the Above

I think "None of the Above" would end in a landslide this year. These are the worst 2 choices I have ever seen for POTUS. Reminds me of the Richard Pryor movie from back in the day where he ran as "None of the above". We need that again.
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

You know the Presidential ballot has more than two choices on it, right? There's half a dozen other choices encompassing various levels of crack-pottery that you could send a vote to as well.

Comment

At first I liked both candidates, or at least both candidates offered some things I liked and some that I didn't care for. Over all I liked them more then hated them. The last election I hated both candidates...

Anyways on topic, as more and more muck racking is going on I'm loosing faith in BOTH candidates and now I may need that 'none of the above' check mark.

~ Draken

EDIT: I'll admit that I haven't looked too much into 3rd party candidates. Those I have looked at don't seem to be any better choices, and a few are just down right scary...

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
          You know the Presidential ballot has more than two choices on it, right? There's half a dozen other choices encompassing various levels of crack-pottery that you could send a vote to as well.
          For the Presidential race, yes, and I figure, being a crackpot, I'll vote for one of the crackpots.

But wouldn't it be nice if NOTA were available in every single election? Even local elections with someone running unopposed?

The devil is in the details, though. What happens if NOTA wins? One possibility is to require the office remain vacant for the term. Another is to require a new ballot where none of the original candidates are valid.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I would vote for none of the current selections to be valid and force a new election. These are the absolute worst 2 choices for POTUS since Ford vs Carter. I am no Bush fan but I would rather see him again then either one of these 2 losers.

The roots of why they both suck is the 2 party system and the primary process for each of the parties IMO. In particular for the GOP, they allowed states that the GOP has ZERO chance to carry in Nov to basicly swing the nomination in favor of McCain. If CA, NY, and NJ get to decide the GOP nominee then UT and TX should decide the DNC nominee.

Comment

I've been voting NOTA for some years now. And nearly half of the electorate has joined me!
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Alas, if you "vote" NOTA by not voting, everyone assumes you don't care. Having NOTA on the ballot would indicate that we cared enough to show up and tell everyone we don't want their impossible choices.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                  Alas, if you "vote" NOTA by not voting, everyone assumes you don't care. Having NOTA on the ballot would indicate that we cared enough to show up and tell everyone we don't want their impossible choices.

thats a good point. I know alot of people feel that way. Only problem is, what do we do when NOTA wins? flip a coin?
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                    what do we do when NOTA wins? flip a coin?
                    http://nota.org/aboutvnota.htm#HowItWorks

Comment

Or maybe the state decides for itself (i.e. State Government) who the electors are to vote for.
                      BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
                      CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

then the electoral college picks whoever they want and you fail.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

Originally posted by RudeBoy View Post
                          then the electoral college picks whoever they want and you fail.
                          Well that is how it really is because we have no "right" to vote for POTUS. The states have set it up so that we go vote and then pledge those electors to those votes but the states could choose to do it another way if they wanted to do it. Even if Obama or Cain were to win in an absolute landslide, the electors could still vote for whoever they want and give it to the other person.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X