Voting and a moral issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting and a moral issue

Tomorrow is election day but is just a general election. Nothing that affects the national level (i.e. not a Presidential vote).

Normally I would vote but I have an issue...

I know that I will be moving come this summer. Do I have the right to vote for who I think should be governor of this state knowing that I will only be here for an additional 8-10 months? These votes are votes for Kentucky's future, but if I don't have to face the consequences of my vote, do I have the right to do that to those that will living in the state 2 years from now?

I would say no, simply because you're no longer going to be living there.

Comment

I think as a current resident of Kentucky you have more right to vote about Kentucky's future than someone who moved there 2 weeks ago from Alaska. You are more familiar with Kentucky's problems and needs than that hypothetical recent immigrant.

I think I would agree with _Ender_ if you were moving next week. But 8-10 months is almost a year, at which time Kentucky will have more general elections for other posts and a chance to offset any harm your vote caused.

Comment

Have to agree with Geisha. You have first hand knowledge of how effective the current administration has been and whether or not the future of the state is or will be in good hands. A chance to indirectly look after your fellow man. Sounds a little heavy but I hope you understand my meaning.
        "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

-

Comment

Vote.... it the only way you can effect change.

Even if its only for the good of your current neighbors.
          :)

Comment

If you hate it there and dont plan to come back vote for someone crappy LOL
            WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X