Right Royal Blunder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Royal Blunder

Prince Harry went to a "Colonials and natives" fancy dress party wearing a nazi costume and made the tabloids' day.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...20625,,00.html

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with wearing a nazi costume. Fawlty Towers "Don't mention the war!" was nearly 30 years ago.

We have moved on and WWII is history.He wasn't endorsing nazism, merely dressing up as a historical figure.

I do think the aristocracy theming their parties on colonials and natives IS crass and tasteless though.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Re: Right Royal Blunder

I don't understand the obsession your country has with royalty... I guess they're just another celebrity, though. We sure have plenty of them over here.

Nazi costume at a costume party? Big deal...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      I don't understand the obsession your country has with royalty... I guess they're just another celebrity, though. We sure have plenty of them over here.

Maybe if the prince and Paris Hilton were to hook up it would click.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure why we (IE the US) cares about this. I was watching the 12 'o clock news, and this was the first story they opened with... Why the hell do we care what the hell those kids do?

Comment

Ditto, Ender.

Comment

I hate to say it but the only people screaming or even care about something this silly thing are the jew's. In our reference frame the joke of wearing a nazi uniform isn't funny, but maybe it was very funny for the party he was at.

The other issue is that it wasn't meant to be a political statement, or even any public disclosure of him wearing it, it was a private party.

I'm not jew or anti-jew either, but get over it already.

Yes, we know horrible things happened to your people during the war, we did everything we could to stop it.
            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
            Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality

hmm thats not insulting at all....

anyway, i think the timing was all that is wrong with this, next week the Queen is going to pay her respects to the Jewish dead during the war. so a week before, the third inline for the throne wares a nazi symbol.

he is the British Royal Family, you know the British, the ones who held of a german invaision of out island and then went marching towards berlin on d-day, if you think about it, it does not represent racial hatred.

at the same time, its in poor taste given the time, (so close to the memorial)

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                hmm thats not insulting at all....

Wasn't meant to be... Could you explain why you find it insulting so that perhaps in the future I can word my opinions so that I don't unintentionally insult you?
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

you calling the royal family, nothing more than a celebrity, is an insult on the heratige of my country,

its like me turning rond to you and saying peh george washington, he is just a nob head.

its not founded, its not true and its insulting.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

OMG!! i hate royalists :)

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ
                      OMG!! i hate royalists :)

you would you are a thug... god damn it gaz what are your working hours now man. you need to get on this weekend sometime.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

See, now if you Called Washington a nob head, I'd laugh.

If Washington's great great great great great (etc) grandchild did something today, it would get no notice whatsoever. Perhaps that's why we don't understand, though. I'm trying!

Comment

Originally posted by =luna=
                          See, now if you Called Washington a nob head, I'd laugh.

If Washington's great great great great great (etc) grandchild did something today, it would get no notice whatsoever. Perhaps that's why we don't understand, though. I'm trying!

well then there is a humour gap..

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                            you calling the royal family, nothing more than a celebrity, is an insult on the heratige of my country,
                            OK, then explain to me, in this day and age, how they are more than just celebrities... I don't understand this.

And, in fact, there's a rather large number of people that are calling our President's inaugeration a "coronation" and think that it is a huge waste of taxpayer dollars. Of course, it's mostly the same radical idiots that claim to be ashamed of America now and threatened to leave if our President was re-elected...
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

btw, why are they still here...... I would have paid for at least three or four tickets myself.........

oh that's right, cause this is still the richest freakin country in the world, and the ones whining the hardest are the ones with absolutely no marketable skills int he real world..... actors cant get work in the rest of the world, cause America is where the industry is......
                              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X