Frontline: The Choice 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontline: The Choice 2008

Frontline finally aired their election piece on McCain and Obama (titled 'The Choice 2008'). I watched it last night and thought it was excellent. If you missed it, it is available online in full.

This was a full-on political documentary. I think people too quickly forget that Obama and McCain are first and foremost politicians. This documentary is first and foremost political, and refreshingly so. There are some fantastic interviews with their close advisors that really expose the politics and the parties behind these two men. They are both unlikely candidates in their own right and for very different reasons. The piece serves as a reminder of the historic uniqueness of this election. It's up to you to decide what that says about the country.

Re: Frontline: The Choice 2008

Frontline for the win. Perhaps one of the few programs that's been consistently good for.. 20 years now or so?

Comment

I liked it.

Like AMosely said it portrays both of them exactly for what they are, Politicians.

It becomes obvious that, while Obama is a fast rising star, he and others around him have been planning his candidacy for the entire short time he has been political.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
        It becomes obvious that, while Obama is a fast rising star, he and others around him have been planning his candidacy for the entire short time he has been political.
        Without a doubt. His four years in the Senate have almost been a grooming job - a calculated and exacting record. He was their guy in 2004 but they couldn't run him. What you're seeing today has been carefully built for four years.

In terms of McCain, I had forgotten how much BS he took from Bush in 2004 and the smear campaign that was launched against him (illegitimate child and addict wife) in the American south by Rove and company. The fact that he came back to support the ticket (in one of the most embarassing endorsement speeches in history) just so he could run in 2008 is indicative of his dedication to this cause. I just wish it was more of an independent instead of repbulican-branded (i.e. Palin) cause.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X