Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...e-plumber.html

    Originally posted by FTA
    "To be honest with you, that infuriates me," plumber Joe Wurzelbacher told Nightline's Terry Moran. "It's not right for someone to decide you made too much---that you've done too good and now we're going to take some of it back."

    "That's just completely wrong," he added.

    <snip>

    I don't like it," said Wurzelbacher. "You know, me or -- you know, Bill Gates, I don't care who you are. If you worked for it, if it was your idea, and you implemented it, it's not right for someone to decide you made too much."
    The article didn't mention "crack" once. Not once!

  • #2
    Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

    OT: That avatar is HOT!!!!

    You're looking better as you age.

    :row__587:
    I do what I can.

    cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

      Thanks man! You haven't aged at all. Your lime is even fresh!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

        I put on my robe and wizard hat
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

        <---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

          Originally posted by leejo View Post
          Thanks man! You haven't aged at all. Your lime is even fresh!
          You're welcome.
          I change my lime regularly. :)
          I do what I can.

          cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

            I agree. This tax idea pissed me off. I own a small business, that I am planning on expanding in the next couple of years. Well, if his plan goes through, I now have NO incentive to make more money. I'm going to either artificially make less money to save on taxes, OR I'm going to make sure and take extra vacation to stay under the particular amount that gets me butt-raped by the IRS. What does this mean? I am going to PURPOSELY keep my production down to keep more money. How does this help my industry? It doesn't. It will directly effect it because now I will be turning down work here and there, as will everyone who does what I do. Either that, or I will just pass the newly incurred expenses on to my clients.

            I get a kick out of how Obama acts like only the rich will be paying taxes, while 95% of working Americans will get a decrease. WAKE UP!!! Corporations don't pay taxes...PEOPLE do!!! They always pass expenses onto the consumer. The prices of goods and services are going to go up significantly to cover these new taxes. This is going to directly effect our working poor and lower class families, who don't pay much in taxes anyway under the current system, but NOW they will be paying dearly for food and necessities. Too bad most people can't see right through this lousy tax plan.
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

              Well the fact is that almost 1/2 of working americans pay NO tax right now and this demographic votes D in droves. If the Democrats can get that number to 51%, well it's in their interest to do that isn't it?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

                That's the beauty of democracy, no? :p

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

                  Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                  I agree. This tax idea pissed me off. I own a small business, that I am planning on expanding in the next couple of years. Well, if his plan goes through, I now have NO incentive to make more money.
                  Really you have no incentive to make more money? So expanding your business is going to give you NET PROFITS of over $250,000 ?? I'm crying you a bucket of tears here, even with a modest net income of 30% you have sales of over $830,000? If you net profit % is over 30, you need a better accountant!

                  Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                  I'm going to either artificially make less money to save on taxes, OR I'm going to make sure and take extra vacation to stay under the particular amount that gets me butt-raped by the IRS.
                  Wow an extra vacation a year, must be nice, I get 3 weeks vacation a year and I've been turned down the last 2 request I put in, plus I have to pay for my vacation out of my own pocket.

                  Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                  What does this mean? I am going to PURPOSELY keep my production down to keep more money. How does this help my industry? It doesn't. It will directly effect it because now I will be turning down work here and there, as will everyone who does what I do. Either that, or I will just pass the newly incurred expenses on to my clients.
                  Which passing the expenses to your clients really just means you're going to be making more in (pre-tax) net profit (because you have no additional expenses by purely increasing based on tax rates) which means more taxes.

                  Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                  I get a kick out of how Obama acts like only the rich will be paying taxes, while 95% of working Americans will get a decrease. WAKE UP!!! Corporations don't pay taxes...PEOPLE do!!!
                  Since the tax being discussed is about individual taxes, this statement is untrue. Small business owners who are not incorporated might, but this is untrue for corporations. Plus as a large corporation, seeing that we already pay 42.5 % of net profit in taxes, I can't see a large increase coming our way. (34% Federal + 8.5% State = not a true 42.5% because of the state tax deduction from Federal, but close enough)

                  Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                  They always pass expenses onto the consumer. The prices of goods and services are going to go up significantly to cover these new taxes. This is going to directly effect our working poor and lower class families, who don't pay much in taxes anyway under the current system, but NOW they will be paying dearly for food and necessities. Too bad most people can't see right through this lousy tax plan.
                  So what would you propose as a tax plan? A straight tax %? Problem is if you make it low enough for the lower/ lower middle class to live on, it's not enough on the people that make more money.
                  Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

                  Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

                    Sure it does. But the underlying argument has little to do with Obama's tax plan. McCain's proposals wouldn't change my taxes at all, and my in fact raise them if his health care proposals were to go through. If I work for Joe the plumber, I'm pissed too. Take your pick.

                    The two major political parties in America have had very divergent views on taxation for the past several decades. Their individual candidates have had varied approaches over the years as well as varied successes in terms of their timing and their ability to get things through the congress, but by and large this is the same old story - democrats tend to prefer lightening the burden on the consumer (middle class), while republicans tend to prefer lightening the burden on the business (and therefore wealthy who own them). It's really as simple as that.

                    You can take sides in this issue, and everyone has their reasons, but Obama's plans are no more liberal than McCain's are conservative. It's the same story. Frankly, everyone is going to have to pay up in the coming years. In my opinion there are people and corporations making exponentially more money than others in this country, and they should expect to pay up exponentially more at least in the short term. My reasons? Look what happens when consumer spending goes down - profit margins shrink, GDP goes down, recession ensues. The middle class has suffered in recent years and needs some concessions to start going again (they also need to be protected from their own debt, which is clearly the issue of the day).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

                      Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post

                      So what would you propose as a tax plan? A straight tax %?
                      How about just a flat numerical value? $10,000 for each person?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

                        Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                        How about just a flat numerical value? $10,000 for each person?
                        10K each is a little high. An individual working 40 hours at a min. wage job only makes $13,624/year.

                        Something within me feels it's fundamentally wrong for me to pay the same taxes as a person making less than me. I make more therefore I should pay more.

                        For me, the people making less money, need the money they earn from a job more than I do. I wouldn't feel right paying a flat tax on my salary knowing there are people out there struggling on min. wage and they are paying the same amount in taxes that I am.
                        Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

                        Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

                          Obama actually talked with Joe the Plumber. I thought it was a good discussion:

                          [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OMlOPgrBk[/media]

                          Sadly, according to the state of ohio, Joe the Plumber isn't even registered to vote.

                          FAIL


                          PR Testing Team: Serious Business.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

                            Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post
                            10K each is a little high. An individual working 40 hours at a min. wage job only makes $13,624/year.

                            Something within me feels it's fundamentally wrong for me to pay the same taxes as a person making less than me. I make more therefore I should pay more.

                            For me, the people making less money, need the money they earn from a job more than I do. I wouldn't feel right paying a flat tax on my salary knowing there are people out there struggling on min. wage and they are paying the same amount in taxes that I am.
                            Wouldn't you need around that much to balance the budget? heh. I guess those people will have to live on $3.5k a year then. :p

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Joe The Plumber: Obama Tax Plan 'Infuriates Me'

                              Originally posted by leejo View Post
                              Well the fact is that almost 1/2 of working americans pay NO tax right now and this demographic votes D in droves. If the Democrats can get that number to 51%, well it's in their interest to do that isn't it?

                              I'm at the median income and I pay taxes. Pray tell, how do I get out of doing so?
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

                              Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X