Vote-theft, acorn-style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote-theft, acorn-style

Now they're making a federal case out of ACORN.

Anyone else get the feeling we'll be counting votes 'till Christmas?

Re: Vote-theft, acorn-style

i say we just let the Paul/Nader ticket win.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I'm voting for Cynthia McKinney.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I'm voting for whoever Diebold picks for me.
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I'm voting for executing anyone found guilty of organizing vote fraud.
          ---
          Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Organizing voter fraud on a national scale during a presidential election is pretty damn close to high treason isn't it?

Comment

damn, I was certain intelligent people would be able to differentiate between Mickey Mouse registering and whether Mickey Mouse can actually walk into a voting center and register a vote...but I must have had too much faith in your ability to reason :\

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                damn, I was certain intelligent people would be able to differentiate between Mickey Mouse registering and whether Mickey Mouse can actually walk into a voting center and register a vote...but I must have had too much faith in your ability to reason :\
                Hey, Mickey Mouse also donated to Obama. The problem isn't really the blatantly fake names, but the the names people could use at polling places that don't require ID. And with people like you concentrating on Mickey Mouse, you're missing the importance of the story. But I assume you're able to reason, and that you've reasoned that voter fraud is more likely to help your guy.

---
                Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

So your solution is to ignore ACORN and disqualify every Michael Mouse?

Comment

Help my guy? Who am I voting for again...I don't remember publicizing it.
                    Blind partisianship ftw.

What kinds of names are people using to falsely vote?
                    So far it seems that both of you are ignoring reason and instead arguing from ignorance.
                    In California, one can not vote without ID. It appears that is the case in Ohio.
                    http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/elect...n/bringid.aspx
                    I'd be very surprised if you can vote in NY without valid ID, but maybe that's the case there.

In terms of ACORN, I'm not sure what you mean by ignoring them.
                    ACORN employs people and pays them per signature.
                    These employees evidently went out and gathered signatures, and then some put false signatures on their papers to obtain more money from ACORN.
                    ACORN flagged these false signatures and turned them over to the state, according to the laws dictating that they both a) flag fraudulent registrations and b) must turn in every registration they receive
                    Then it appears claims are being made they intentionally filed fraudulent registrations, which seems to be a very strange interpretation at the very least.

Of course, no one bothers to explain how turning in incorrect registrations translates to fraudulent votes, especially given that the state departments verify the rolls and the polling station have lists that they then verify against valid ID.

Now, how false registrations that don't turn into votes helps Barack Obama is beyond me. And how falsely grounded accusations helps John McCain is also beyond me. So regardless of which candidate I support, I'm not sure how this would help "my guy" whoever that may be...

But if you run out of ideas, then I suppose ad hominems are what you're left with.
                    I prefer to look at the evidence and come up with reasonable conclusions about specific claims and counter-claims.

If you want to try again, and prove the validity and soundness of your positions, I'm interested in understanding them.

Comment

So far it seems that both of you are ignoring reason and instead arguing from ignorance.
                      In California, one can not vote without ID. It appears that is the case in Ohio.
                      http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/elect...n/bringid.aspx
                      I'd be very surprised if you can vote in NY without valid ID, but maybe that's the case there.

In terms of ACORN, I'm not sure what you mean by ignoring them.
                      ACORN employs people and pays them per signature.
                      These employees evidently went out and gathered signatures, and then some put false signatures on their papers to obtain more money from ACORN.
                      ACORN flagged these false signatures and turned them over to the state, according to the laws dictating that they both a) flag fraudulent registrations and b) must turn in every registration they receive
                      Then it appears claims are being made they intentionally filed fraudulent registrations, which seems to be a very strange interpretation at the very least.

Of course, no one bothers to explain how turning in incorrect registrations translates to fraudulent votes, especially given that the state departments verify the rolls and the polling station have lists that they then verify against valid ID.

Now, how false registrations that don't turn into votes helps Barack Obama is beyond me. And how falsely grounded accusations helps John McCain is also beyond me. So regardless of which candidate I support, I'm not sure how this would help "my guy" whoever that may be...

But if you run out of ideas, then I suppose ad hominems are what you're left with.
                      I prefer to look at the evidence and come up with reasonable conclusions about specific claims and counter-claims.

If you want to try again, and prove the validity and soundness of your positions, I'm interested in understanding them.
                      You don't remember publishing your affiliation? Do you think I'm stupid? Go jump in a lake with this crock of a position you're staking for yourself, you neocon ACORN supporter you! "Blah blah blah I prefer to look at the evidence and come up with reasonable conclusions blah blah." Good for you! I prefer to call BS on partisan trolls. PEACE.
                      Last edited by Apophis; 10-20-2008, 06:08 AM.

Comment

I don't know, I originally posted that I assumed you both were intelligent, so I was curious how reasonable people could get from your premises to your conclusions based on valid logic.

Now, given the personal attacks and cussing I might be better served to reevaluate my original assumption of your intelligence.

I didn't think it would be this difficult to explain how fraudulent registrations translate to actual votes, but if that's beyond your reasoning capacities I'll withdraw the question.

Comment

too cute.

Comment

I don't know, I originally posted that I assumed you both were intelligent, so I was curious how reasonable people could get from your premises to your conclusions based on valid logic.

Now, given the personal attacks and cussing I might be better served to reevaluate my original assumption of your intelligence.

I didn't think it would be this difficult to explain how fraudulent registrations translate to actual votes, but if that's beyond your reasoning capacities I'll withdraw the question.
                            This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read in here. You act like you "originally posted" something when anyone who can hit page up and see what you originally posted was that you had no faith in our ability to reason.

You didn't ASK the question you seem to think you're politely withdrawing, because if you had, I would have answered it.

If you had been paying attention to Ohio this year, you would realize that Jennifer Brunner issued a directive that anyone who registers can be immediately provided with an absentee ballot. Anyone who didn't have ID at the time was just required to to swear they really were eligible to vote, and they got the ballot. That counts the same for any of these fraudulent ACORN registrations. Sure the ballots will be provisional, but how is someone supposed to check thousands of fraudulent absentee ballots, exactly? She's already working as hard as she can not to provide counties with any information about discrepancies.

Someone who voted absentee who registered through ACORN won't ever have had to show ID.

I learned this from a website showing Obama supporters how to beat the system.
                            ---

Comment

Before you request an absentee ballot, you have to provide valid proof of ID.
                              Regular absentee voters

If you are a regular absentee voter, you may use the application form prescribed by the Secretary of State (11-A) to apply for your absentee ballot. If you choose not to use the prescribed form, your written application need not be in any particular format, but it must contain all of the following information:

Your name;
                              Your signature;
                              The address at which you are registered to vote;
                              Your date of birth;
                              One of the following items showing proof of your identification:
                              Your Ohio driver's license number; or
                              The last four digits of your Social Security number; or
                              A copy of your current and valid photo identification, military identification; or a current (within the last 12 months) utility bill (including cell phone bill), bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and current address (including from a public college or university).
                              (Note: You cannot use a notice that the board of elections mailed to you as proof of identification.);

A statement identifying the election for which you are requesting an absentee voter's ballot;
                              A statement that you are a qualified elector;
                              If the request is for a partisan primary election ballot, your political party affiliation; and
                              If you want the ballot to be mailed, the address to which you want it mailed.
                              http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/elect.../absentee.aspx

Your premise that anyone registering through ACORN will not have to provide valid ID before voting is incorrect. Therefore, your conclusion is incorrect.

Please provide me the link of the website showing Obama supporters how to beat the system. I'm curious what other incorrect information they are disseminating.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X