Iran

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran

What do you guys think about Bush threatening Iran to give up their WMD program?
    Last edited by GhostintheShell; 01-19-2005, 04:18 PM.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Re: Iran

This seems to be an antagonistic post right off the bat. So I'll hold off any replies I have and recommend that other people do as well until a more level headed thread it made regarding the Iran situation.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I appologise its not really intended to antagonize, I just can't believe it, and wanted to hear what you guys thoughts are about it. I've edited it after allowing myself to recompose from my initial "reactionary" posting.

I think with what he has said, everyone has to be waiting and wondering if he's actually gearing up to get involved in another war.
      Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

What's surprising about that? Everything's already been done, just substitute the 'q' for an 'n' and you're ready to go?

That's what happened to Iraq in the first place. A typo!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Ahhh, now it makes sense....you guys originally had a typo.

Now thats the first thing that makes sense, because we KNOW Iran has WMD, but you were looking for them all this time in Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
            Ahhh, now it makes sense....you guys originally had a typo.

Now thats the first thing that makes sense, because we KNOW Iran has WMD, but you were looking for them all this time in Iraq.

oh for god sakes ghost learn your lesson, you guys in relation to something Bush is doing, is offensive.

so stop using it.

further more, where are you from, was you country not part of the coalition? because to blaim america soley for this war, (if indeed blaim is the correct word, which i do not think it is) would not just be wrong it would be ridiculous.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

holy crap, I completely agree with dude......

I think hell just froze...... nice post.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                holy crap, I completely agree with dude......

I think hell just froze...... nice post.

and your one step closer to complete perfection.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Funny, I couldn't figure out what Dude was saying at all..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

To bad there wasn't a letter to cover both the q and the n right from the start. All I can say is that if anything does happen, I hope this time we are better prepared for the post invasion.
                    The new democratic Iraq i'm sure isn't going to like the idea of living next to a nuclear happy country....
                    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Sorry if it offends the US people that I criticise him, but in my opinion Bush is waging (multiple) wars on a scale that affects us all globally, and as such is open to criticism from anyone. This planet is too small to ignore whats going on next door, or around the world.

I would hope that if the tables were reversed, and we were waging wars and threatening other countries the good folks in the rest of the world would be asking the same thing about our PM. Public openness and scrutiny is healthy in a democracy.

And no, Canada isn't part of "the coalition".
                      We have 1000 troops in Kabul, Afghanistan as our part of the contribution to the "International Security Assistance Force", but only one officer in Iraq deployed as support to the UN representative in Iraq.

Comment

Sure public debate is good. Even better if it is rational and based in fact.

How about a hypothetical. If/when Iran has regional capable nukes are they going to be more of a threat to our national interests or less? And yes oil is a national interest, but there are more on the list. If using diplomatic threats won't work what will?
                        New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                          What do you guys think about Bush threatening Iran to give up their WMD program?
                          I think it's a good idea.

What does the UN think? :icon_roll
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Sorry if it offends the US people that I criticise him, but in my opinion Bush is waging (multiple) wars on a scale that affects us all globally, and as such is open to criticism from anyone. This planet is too small to ignore whats going on next door, or around the world.
                            ok here is the problem, you have addressed, "you people" in direct relation to what bush is doing. but spot on for the editing man.

I would hope that if the tables were reversed, and we were waging wars and threatening other countries the good folks in the rest of the world would be asking the same thing about our PM. Public openness and scrutiny is healthy in a democracy.
                            i agree but at the end of the day,the public scrutiny of the weapons plans in iran is just as important. and to say bush is on a war heading this early is pretty rash.

and tempus, it seems everyone else in the forum could see what i was getting at, dont be argumentative for the sake of it, dont likethe grammar or spelling... then move along nothing to see here.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                              I think it's a good idea.

What does the UN think? :icon_roll

well now come on, this is a situation for the whole world to debate, whether you agree or not with their opinion is a different matter.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X