Now that's Terrorism!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that's Terrorism!

Short movie, safe for all except terrorists driving VWs.
    New to TG?

Re: Now that's Terrorism!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA....YES!!! go terrorists!!!

TERRORISTS WIN!.......kind of :P

Comment

That's quality.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Newbe here and my first post......and I have to say "AWSOME HAHAHA!!!!!" What away to come into a forum.

Comment

That's awesome, Squid! You guys need to see this.

Comment

That's a good one!

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Oh, man, that's classic!
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That's even more funny considering I just bought my sister's VW Beetle.

Comment

of course such a racist and demeaning-to-arabs ad could never be shown in the USA, only Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                    of course such a racist and demeaning-to-arabs ad could never be shown in the USA, only Europe.
                    Believe it or not the blog I found it on was discussing just how tasteless and insensitive the ad was Turns out it was a fake, VW doesn't acknowledge making it.
                    New to TG?

Comment

Heh. I guess I just assumed it was a fake, as I can't imagine a company having to promote their products with something so many would view as racist and demeaning. I mean, comedy is comedy, but I can't see that ad doing more good than harm were it a real ad.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Don't forget that companies have been producing "fake commercial's" like this one for a couple years. Remember the Ford one where the cats head gets cut off?

What they do is, through back channels hire an obscure ad agency to produce it, then slip it onto the internet.

This is a type of guerilla marketing campaign, that generates a lot of buzz about your product, and allows the company to get huge exposure, all the while denying any connection to the "distasteful" ad.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was entirely but indirectly produced with VW money, but so buried in through multiple levels of ad agencies (and lawyers) so no one could ever connect the ad directly to them.
                        Last edited by GhostintheShell; 01-21-2005, 09:11 PM.
                        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                        Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Is there any evidence to back that claim up?

Comment

Read a bit about "guerrilla marketing", and "subviral marketing".

I watched a whole CBC episode about this stuff, advertising is absolutely unbelieveable.

The internet scam of the videos of a giant robot made from BMW Mini car parts is a good example, BMW Mini later admitted that they produced the ad's.

Mini Transformer

Article on the marketing scam

A lot of those Mastercard "priceless" comercials were actually put out by MC themselves and first they "denied any knowledge" of them only to admit later that they had some of them made up. Got their money's worth out of those I'd bet.

Excellent article about this stuff
                            Last edited by GhostintheShell; 01-21-2005, 09:11 PM.
                            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                            Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X