No announcement yet.

Circuit City closing 155 of 600 stores.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit City closing 155 of 600 stores.

http://consumerist.com/5074161/break...ing-155-stores

Wow. They're closing a store in Norman, OK that they just opened less than six months ago. The NYSE listed them .bc as well. So will CC go the way of Sam Goody or K-Mart?

I think I may buy a couple thousand shares just for grins :D
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Circuit City closing 155 of 600 stores.

Is that the internet economy starting?

Comment

Years ago, a friend was running an Egghead Software store. He started a going out of business dollar sale on all items. The store was bare by the time the district manager from Massachusetts got there to stop it.

Comment

There is a CC closing in Dallas that was only opened a month ago.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

CC closing sales start today. We'll see if there are any deals to be had.
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Post up deals in here? Always looking for something cool.
            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

The store right near my work is not on the list..so I guess they are keeping the vast majority of the D/FW stores open..

I have never been a huge fan of CC, but their presence keeps other big retailers in "check" with their pricing, and they have had some AWESOME "black friday" offers in the past..

Comment

The one closed to me will still be open. But it's not exactly a store I'll go into on a regular basis.

Comment

I go into the one close to me some, but not a lot..they usually do not have as good of a selection as Fry's or even Best Buy, but I have found some real bargains there on the closeout table more than once.. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X