Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you miss about President Bush?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will you miss about President Bush?

As the world knows, America will elect a new president on Tuesday. Barring unforeseen electoral circumstances, this is George W. Bush’s last Sunday to hold the presidential stage to himself. The Op-Ed editors asked six writers to reflect on what they have most admired about him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/02/op...em&oref=slogin

I'm finding much more that I won't miss, but I will definitely (albeit sarcastically) miss images like these:

Last edited by Mosely; 11-03-2008, 01:18 PM.

Re: What will you miss about President Bush?

I'm totally going to miss him. I already do.

Despite all the warmongering and what not, he does have a little down home frankness about him, probably embodied in his horrible speaking skills and crap vocabulary. It's quite endearing.

Compare that to the pompousness of Osama or the weirdness of McClane. Five years from now, we'll be begging for Bush just like we begged for Clinton in 2005.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

That's exactly what I'll miss about him too TYBALT. His willingness to say what he thinks, speak his mind, no matter what the majority may think about it. My wife and I tend to be pretty outspoken in our community on issues we feel strongly about, and have railed against the mainstream many times. It's not fun, and can cause you to be alienated from the group, but sometimes somebodies got to do it. I have a great amount of respect for Bush for being willing to do it on the biggest stage possible.

I will also miss his stance on the war on terror. Go out and get those that have threatened us, and those that indirectly threaten us by harboring terrorists before they can do more damage. I hate the "pull our troops home and protect the US from inside it's borders" mentality. If a bully threatens me on the street, I'm not going to go cower in my house and wait for him to kick my door down. I'm going to meet him on the street and end the confrontation on MY terms.
      |TG-55| Infantry Division - Former Captain

Comment

I'm going to miss all of the great material he and his government staging have so readily supplied The Daily Show, Colbert Report, SNL.... etc...

So I suppose War Profiteering efforts and Energy Lobbies aren't the only ones who made some extra money off these past 8 years worth of error.
        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Fortunately, he will be gone. Unfortunately, his policies will long haunt the country and world. Equally depressing are the same idiots who voted for President Bush in '00 and '04 will still be around to vote for McCain in '08 and Palin in '12.
          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
          "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
          - Check me out on The Onion
          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
            Equally depressing are the same idiots who voted for President Bush in '00 and '04 will still be around to vote for McCain in '08 and Palin in '12.
            Well, I guess we could all be killed off, locked up, our right to vote revoked or whatever you please. Would this make you feel better?

Comment

Fortunately, he will be gone. Unfortunately, his policies will long haunt the country and world. Equally depressing are the same idiots who voted for President Bush in '00 and '04 will still be around to vote for McCain in '08 and Palin in '12.
              I wouldn't call anyone an idiot, even the people who don't even vote, though I think those same people ought to refrain from voicing an opinion for the contests they opted not to vote in. People vote for varied reasons, and while we may question the importance of one reason over another, it's hardly grounds to call someone an idiot. Millions in advertising is specifically directed at targeting these reasons, and it works on a lot of people. They aren't idiots for falling for it.

I really hope that the country stops seeing everything in red and blue. Statistically we're not all of one mind versus another, and in most issues the country is quite unified. Politics (some blame Rove politics, but it's more than that) has turned the country into some kind of Rocky-esque boxing match of good versus evil, and that's just not true. Bush himself promised to try and unite it but has done nothing of the sort (won't miss that about him). I think Obama and McCain both have potential to blur the colors somewhat, but time will only tell if they actually do. It's sad (but not surprising) that McCain's campaign eventually resorted to divisive attacks in recent weeks, but if you really look at McCain and where he (not his ticket) stands on a number of issues, he's in the middle and not in the right. Same goes for Obama. Everyone talks about taxes, but in terms of some of the broader issues of energy dependence, the environment and even health care, Bush's views are no longer being represented at all. This is a very big yet overlooked reality in America and I think it's an important one.

Still thinking of things I'll miss about Bush. I might miss the Bush wiretaps, of which the secret memos need to be handed over by November 17th.

Comment

Equally depressing are the same idiots who voted for President Bush in '00 and '04 will still be around to vote for McCain in '08 and Palin in '12.
                Luckily the OBAMA Clan jumped in for this one and Drank the KoolAid.. But why change the topic..

..I like the fact that Bush often forgot he was in front of camera's and what he said would be heard by millions.. Without the filter most politicians have.. Bush openly stated what he thought was correct (right or wrong at the end)... And that damn stubborn cowboy mentality.. Didn't play well with the rest of the world... but it's what we needed when we needed it..
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                  Bush himself promised to try and unite it but has done nothing of the sort (won't miss that about him).
                  This is a two way street though, and until both parties are willing to compromise, meet in the middle somewhere, and put the good of the country and it's citizens ahead of their party lines, we will continue to only deal in red versus blue. It's very sad to me that things have become as entrenched as they have, but it's going to take more than one man to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                    but if you really look at McCain and where he (not his ticket) stands on a number of issues, he's in the middle and not in the right. [/URL].
                    True.. That's why most conservatives (aka the limbaugh crew ) did NOT like him as the pick for the Republican candidate... Statistics show that he only voted party line like 70ish% of the time.. not a great number, but shows why he got the "maverick" label..

...And why is Fred Thompsons Wife so hot? I mean he must be loaded or hung like a horse..
                    :row__645:
                    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I wouldn't call anyone an idiot, even the people who don't even vote, though I think those same people ought to refrain from voicing an opinion for the contests they opted not to vote in.
                      What if someone refuses to vote on principle? The Russians whom refuse to vote because they know the contest is rigged shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinion? Or if one considers democracy abhorrent, not allowed to voice their opinion?
                      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Nothing. I'll be glad that his idiocy will no longer permeate the executive branch.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

If you'll vote for McCane I wont talk to you anymore. I mean you elected Bush two times. :)

Comment

I'll miss the blatancy with which he and his cabinet carried out their agendas. Ronnie was sincere, but scary. Bush Sr. was secretive as hell. Clinton AKA "Slick Willy" was always one step ahead with what you thought you wanted to hear, but you could never be sure what it would turn out to mean in the end.

I will miss the bald-faced cronyism.
                            sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

I'll miss incorrect pronunciation of nuclear :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X