Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's the day folks.. for us Americans...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's the day folks.. for us Americans...

Todays the day, don't forgot to vote...and good luck to whatever side wins.

I almost, almost switch sides and went with Obama, the man has alot of good ideas but no realistic way to pay for those ideas... I'm not to please with McCain either, but sticking with my party based on thier support for Law Enforcement and our military.

I'm really quite sick of the whole process thou, their has got to be a better way besides commericials with half truths and out right lies. Maybe 1 term of 5 years then you move on, no parties, just a top ten run off for the votes then only 30 days to campaign before the vote.

Well anyway, glad it will be all over soon... I'm voting for McCain, but I do believe Obama will win with a 60 plus popular vote... just my guess.
    Lets make it a game, whats your bet?

BTW: Kinda thought this ironic and funny, or really just sad... glad to see the black community is getting in the mood to vote. Drive down every street in our low income area of my city. (I'm working now), and thiers a OBAMA sign in the front yard, every house, every street... even in front of the house currently the hot place to get some crack cocaine, even in front of the hookers hanging out looking for a trick, even in the exact spot where two black men (18 and 19) robbed then shot to other black men, killing one two weeks ago. Even in front of the house where just last week the boyfriend shot and killed 2 women (20 and 21) right in front of thier 8 kids... no kidding... Hey people you want change, you might want to start with yourselves! So when Obama wins, in four years will all this be changed?

sad, very sad.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Today's the day folks.. for us Americans...

it's not racist, it's fact... at least I don't hide behind a icon... identify yourself gutless. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

My guess is Obama 353 -- McCain 185

It's looking pretty grim for McCain. He has to carry every swing state, hold all: North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Indiana, and take a democratic state like Pennsylvania away.

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.

Comment

Originally posted by DeePxis
        It's looking pretty grim for McCain. He has to carry every swing state, hold all: North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Indiana, and take a democratic state like Pennsylvania away.
        Indiana here. Found out we've only voted Blue one time since 1938, and that was in the '60s. A month ago I read that we are indeed a swing state this time around, with a slight bias towards McCain. That was a month ago and I haven't checked it lately; I think however we're going to vote Dem this time around. I don't know if the EC gap will be as large as Dee makes it to be. I've heard a lot about the Bradley Effect, and while I don't think it will let McCain win the election, I think the projections we've been seeing will prove to have shown Obama set to earn a larger percentage than he really will earn.

Comment

Oh I think that McCain will take Indiana. Obama has a solid influence in the state - especially with Metropolitan Chicago in your Northwest (where i'm originally from). Obama will spend election day mostly in Indiana and that could have an effect. (it helped Kerry in 2004)

I also think McCain will take Missouri, but he will lose NC and VA. As for florida - who knows. I think that Obama will squeek by, but I don't think it will play as important of a role as it did in 2000.

If you see Obama carry a 2004 Bush state on the east coast, that is if Obama takes Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina, that will pretty much seal Obama's victory.

Comment

here's the thing though. the undecided votes.

those who are undecided still when the time comes - have historically voted conservatively (and by conservatively, I mean the 'safer' choice.) McCain is more experienced and has a longer track record. Even if you don't agree with his policies, you know he knows how to play the game better.
            If you were to walk into that booth not knowing who to choose, do you pull the lever for the rookie or the vet? (no pun intended there) Do you gamble the next four years on the wildcard, or do you bank on the long, steady career?

The country freaks out at election time like their personal well being and safety is decided only once every four years. Excuse the reference, but the bible says to 'FEAR God. Honor the king.' (1 Peter 2:17) At the time that was written, Nero was "king" (little 'k' meant human king, not God king) and that dude was burning Christians for candles - yet Peter was telling Christians of the time to honor him anyway. If, in such an extreme case, we are to honor those placed in authority over us, how much more should we honor those voted in power by us to rule over us?

So whomever wins, I will honor them - as I think everyone should. I will fear no man.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                sticking with my party based on thier support for Law Enforcement and our military.
                I've never understood this - under Bush and a Republican congress, our yearly pay raises have been the lowest EVER. And in fact, they've gone up again under Democratic majority control, in addition to the new GI Bill - a GI Bill many Republicans voted AGAINST, and McCain decided wasn't even worth his time. Thanks McCain you big floppy douche.

Never have I seen ANYTHING to suggest that Republicans like the military. Using them, sure, supporting them? Nothing doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                  I'm really quite sick of the whole process thou, their has got to be a better way besides commericials with half truths and out right lies. Maybe 1 term of 5 years then you move on, no parties, just a top ten run off for the votes then only 30 days to campaign before the vote.
                  Campaigning is speech, guaranteed by the 1st amendment, and undercut by the McCain-Feingold bill. (Notice who sponsored it? A real hero of the 1st amendment, that one.) People should be completely free to speak about candidates for however long they wish, and put their money where their mouth is. The press is capable of telling us which candidates won't tell us who their backers are.

I agree that elections should be party-agnostic, and there should be no publicly-funded primaries, which are just a way to lock out small upstarts. Funny how the old parties have the system rigged to favor them.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Oh, and Thursday was the day for me. In California anyone can get permanent absentee status, which is very convenient, and a huge number of voters take advantage of it.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
                      Never have I seen ANYTHING to suggest that Republicans like the military. Using them, sure, supporting them? Nothing doing.
                      Didn't they have the "Forced Retirements" under Clinton as a result of huge budget cuts? And I guess Obama is going to start next year with huge budget cuts to the military.

And as for McCain not supporting the bill.. Look at the BS that is thrown in the BILL as PORK...or look at time lines and limitations that are put on the use of the money. McCain (for whatever reason..) took a stance...

What should fire everyone up is the BS Pork that is added to every bill ..including the "Bail out". Maybe we need the Line Item VETO..and we can then hold ONE MAN accountable for the BS instead of Senators from across the country...
                      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

The only thing that is certain is that the media will call states well before anybody has a clue who won them in an attempt to impact voting as they always do. During the primary this cycle, it was the worst I have ever seen with some states called with less than 1% of the vote in... and of course many calls were wrong.

They should not be allowed to call it until 80-90% of the vote is in. I think we can all remember in 2004 at about 4pm, the race was called for Kerry and we were told it was all over for Bush due to them calling states in a premature way.

I voted early and I have a feeling that McCain will win. Personally I think both are losers and this is one of the worst choices for POTUS we have had for our Republic. Whoever wins, we lose... the battle for 2012 starts tomorrow... :(
                        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Vote Comrades !!!
                          Change is upon us !!!
                          If you have problems with the military, don't worry we will have a new Civilian Defense force, although I hear the uniform is kind of boring, brown shirts for everyone.

But if you vote in Obama then you won't have to worry about paying for gas or paying your mortgage....like Peggy Joseph of Youtube fame said.

Vote yourself rich !!!!
                          Tax the rich !!!!
                          (oooopss ...that doesn't make sense does it ?)

Jobs ?
                          Don't worry when we nationalize the auto industry there will be jobs for everyone, even Aunt Zeituni and Uncle Omar.

Vote for change because we know despite the fact that you are sitting in front of an 800-2000$ computer, on a broadband connection that cost from 30-60$/month, while you sip your $6 latte and reprogram your I-pod, that you are hurting, you are in pain and only Obama and the STATE can help you.

The government will take care of everything, if you only cede control over every apsect of your life.

Vote for Change

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                            What should fire everyone up is the BS Pork that is added to every bill ..including the "Bail out". Maybe we need the Line Item VETO..and we can then hold ONE MAN accountable for the BS instead of Senators from across the country...
                            Or get your congresscritter to support the One Subject at a Time Act:

https://secure.downsizedc.org/etp/campaigns/83

Here's the text of the proposed bill:

http://www.downsizedc.org/page/osta_legislation

Comment

Press leak: Obama wins election!
                              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                              That noob who crashed the chopper.
                              That noob who ran over the mine.
                              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X