Eliminate the Republican Party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminate the Republican Party

We've mentioned elsewhere the problems that parties cause. So how about all the Republicans going down to Democratic Headquarters and signing up? Just take over their organization from the grassroots. On the surface, it looks like surrender. But in reality, it's usurpation. By completely eliminating the party fight each election, we could eliminate primaries and see real choice in candidates.

Of course, the people who will stand the most to lose will be the party leadership. But screw 'em: Just go sign up Democrat and start getting yourself wormed up inside the local Democratic machine. Get your friends to sign up and vote each other into positions of control, where you can pick the candidates and delegates.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Eliminate the Republican Party

It would be pretty easy since the Republicans typically exercise their 2nd Amendment rights more than democrats, especially ones with Class III/NFA stamps/seals, etc.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

That's a good idea and I think it would not hurt the Dems (or even the Reps) all that much. Balance the whole thing out. They really are not that different outside a few wedge issues. And even there the difference is not that much except at the outliers.

And the second party would be the libertarians.

With this there would defiantly be a clear difference between the parties.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
        It would be pretty easy since the Republicans typically exercise their 2nd Amendment rights more than democrats, especially ones with Class III/NFA stamps/seals, etc.
        Is this supposed to be funny? I don't think it's funny at all, and only serves to propogate the stereotype that many republicans fearfully cling to guns.

If you take out the wedge issues (which in reality shouldn't be hard to do at all), Americans are far more unified than the press and pundits would have you believe.

Comment

It would be nice if we had either a larger party representation (3 or more), or if everyone simply went Independent.

In the distant-but-not-too-distant future, I'd like to see a female president elected, and an Independent elected.
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

the REAL democrats and republicans can never be elected.

you have to be so close to the middle to get enough votes, that you almost can't call yourself either.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
              Is this supposed to be funny? I don't think it's funny at all, and only serves to propogate the stereotype that many republicans fearfully cling to guns.
              Yes, it was intended to be funny. It was a generalization based upon my personal experience growing up and living in the South(See location). It is knee jerk reactions that perpetuate stereotypes more than humor, IMHO. Anyway, I will continue to cling to my firearms(I feel the word gun limits the type) and chuckle myself to sleep to Family Guy episodes.

Maybe next time, Bob Barr FTW!
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                That's a good idea and I think it would not hurt the Dems (or even the Reps) all that much. Balance the whole thing out. They really are not that different outside a few wedge issues. And even there the difference is not that much except at the outliers.

And the second party would be the libertarians.

With this there would defiantly be a clear difference between the parties.
                We agree on something! :)

Yes, Libertarian is the 3rd largest party in America and actually promotes freedom, choice, smaller government and lower taxes. That's why I'm Libertarian!

Comment

I went to a Liberertarian dinner that supported Gore, cuz it was free ( sh!tty food ) but while the hard left would consider me a right winger the Vast Ring Wing Conspiracy rejected me despite my skills with low voltage circuits and explosive substances.
                  It seems the lack of Christian belief, use of nature dried herbal aromatherapy products and the prodigious consumption of adult visual materials disqualifies you from being a real rePUBlican.
                  and I think of all the time I spent in pubs ..............alll for nothing.

But I work hard for my money and I know that "undocumented workers" ( read ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS) take work from me and lower my wages.
                  They are not stupid or unskilled and in my particular profession ARE NOT taking jobs that "Americans won't do".
                  The left supports open borders so I oppose that in my own self interest.

I work hard for my money and I don't want it to go to the lazy and that is what some of , if not most of the welfare class are.
                  I base that on personal experience with an all white welfare class.
                  Did you know that in sheer numbers more white people are on welfare, full scale-no wrk welfare than any other "color" ?
                  true, precentage wise whites don't lead the pack but there are literally millions of people who don't know what a work ethic is and the government, Red or Blue tells them that " It's not YOUR fault you are a F-up, it is the ( fill in the blank ).

That is the culture I fear Obama will encourage and that is why I voted McCain.
                  Palin is being called the new REagan and after hearing Reagans 64 speech in support of McGovern I realize how low the bar truly is for being a Reagan replacement.

We all fear Big Brother and no matter who is in office, if we keep goling in the same direction, it will happen by 2084 because your on ONSTAR system can now record you and your cell phone can be infected by publicy available spyware that will broadcast at remote command.
                  But you , the feel good touchy feely, harm none left, want to give Big Brother a hand up ?
                  In the name of "social justice" ?
                  Because the American Dream is dead and only the Federal Government can revive it ?

But, in the most ironic fashion, the dead American dream can only be revived by a bi-racial man, born of a broken home who is now the first African-American President ?

AM I just really drunk.................. or is there something F - ed up with the idea that a man that 60 years ago didn't have the right to vote but now will be President of the most powerful and most COMFORTABLE country in the world is the only answer to achieving the AMERICAN DREAM ?

rant over .........and BTW .............GFY to all the racist pigs on Al Basrah tonight...not TG but still
                  Last edited by KomradeObama; 11-08-2008, 12:22 AM. Reason: the defintion of "is"

Comment

Why don't we all go non-partisan? I say we should have no political parties that way we even eliminate the bickering and power struggles within a single party system.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Now that McCain and Bush no longer control the party, it might be worth saving. We can get some real Conservatives running it again and get away from these Liberal Republicans that have ruined the party.

But really I agree with others and George Washington that Political parties should go away as they only lead to division. As long as we have parties, we can not get back to meaningful debates to move forward on issues as it will always be about the party agenda and attacking the other parties agenda at all cost.
                      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

So what would it take to merge the parties? Could all of you Republicans just start a grass roots effort to re-register Democrat and take it over from within?

(And I recall that the Dems have the Bluedogs, so you'd even still have an internal faction to gravitate to.)

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                          So what would it take to merge the parties? Could all of you Republicans just start a grass roots effort to re-register Democrat and take it over from within?

(And I recall that the Dems have the Bluedogs, so you'd even still have an internal faction to gravitate to.)
                          LOL. Thinking about that makes me giggle because it would be great fun to watch.

While I think it would be a good idea in theory, in practice it would never work. Reps like order, strong leaders and organization. They don't mind stomping on minority views* if it results in a more orderly party.

Dems are pretty much the opposite.

*minority != race and such
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

So the Democratic Party (not the random voters who claim to be Democrats, but the actual workers inside the machine) don't have organization? Is Hillary a "weak leader"?

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                              So the Democratic Party (not the random voters who claim to be Democrats, but the actual workers inside the machine) don't have organization? Is Hillary a "weak leader"?
                              Compared to the Republicans? I would say yes. After all H Clinton lost. I really can't see a situation where a Republican with as much clout, money and support as H Clinton had loosing a primary.

The democrats might have some strong leaders but democrats as a whole are not unified around a set of issues. Like you said there is a strong bluedog democratic arm. There is also those very liberal democrats.

Not saying that there isn't divisions among the Republicans. Just look at the last election. But overall I see much more infighting in the Dem party.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X