what is a great guy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is a great guy?

What do you guys consider a great guy to be? What qualities make him great?

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Re: what is a great guy?

I consider a great guy to be someone who puts others before himself, take responsibility seriously, is kind to others, and isn't a pansy about life.

I can't stand guys that constantly take advantage of others, mooch off their parents for years after they're 18, and I certainly hate guys who are jerks to women. Yet for some strange reason these bad ideals I laid out seem to attract the opposite sex, judging from my 3rd party observations.

I strive to be a good person, but I do let myself down sometimes. What is frustrating, though, is how many women tell me how I'm such a great guy, but how they've dated SO many jerks before they found me. I feel like I'm getting leftovers somehow. How come girls couldn't appreciate me BEFORE they were used up by the jerks of our society. Honestly, women around 30ish seem to fall for me pretty quick and hard, but I haven't been able to land a single girl younger than 27 since I've been back on the dating scene. All my young female friends seem to be dating the biggest A-holes. Anyone else get annoyed by this?
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Re guys who treat girls poorly:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...ml#post1141088
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Buys beer!

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
          I consider a great guy to be someone who puts others before himself, take responsibility seriously, is kind to others, and isn't a pansy about life.
          He stole my answer. But I like him nonetheless. :)
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
            I strive to be a good person, but I do let myself down sometimes. What is frustrating, though, is how many women tell me how I'm such a great guy, but how they've dated SO many jerks before they found me. I feel like I'm getting leftovers somehow. How come girls couldn't appreciate me BEFORE they were used up by the jerks of our society. Honestly, women around 30ish seem to fall for me pretty quick and hard, but I haven't been able to land a single girl younger than 27 since I've been back on the dating scene. All my young female friends seem to be dating the biggest A-holes. Anyone else get annoyed by this?
            A-men brutha.
            sigpic

Comment

I found her before she went out with other guys, and was a great guy to her...and I got married at 22. And that's how this great guy won. Still happy as a clam 14 years later.
              sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Eeevil View Post
                I found her before she went out with other guys, and was a great guy to her...and I got married at 22. And that's how this great guy won. Still happy as a clam 14 years later.
                Axis, you're one lucky guy to have a woman who appreciated you back then. She knew a good thing when she saw it, and that speaks volumes for your woman. She's obviously a smart woman. My hat goes off to you two. Sometimes, I wish I had the same fortune though. :p
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                  Buys beer!
                  Damm right! thats my answer

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                  So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

A cool guy is someone who doesn't afraid of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeyandthebandit View Post
                      A cool guy is someone who doesn't afraid of anything.
                      Noooooooooooooooooo !
                      Because that guy's last words are always " Hold my beer, watch this !" and sometimes you are in the back of the pickup when he says it.

Buys the beer FTW but steadfast is my word.
                      Doesn't have to be a perfect person, but you know you can depend on him.
                      Few and Far between.

Comment

the mgd commercials sum it up pretty good. the one where a guy is callin friends askin for help to move a piano or something huge, and the first 4 people are like, no im busy, and the last guy is like... that sounds awful, ill be over in 10 minutes.. someone who doesnt put themselves first, always has time to go a tremendous way out of the way for no personal gain to help soneone who asks for it without any reimbursment.

i.e. my cousin and I were stuck in Indiana last week, 12 hours away from home, and he calls up a friend, and 11.5 hours later, he was there with a truck and trailer to tow us home.... that is a great guy