X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who falls for this?

Got this today:

D*ae‬r Regi*B sno‬ank/Ban*ehT fO k‬ West/People*B s'‬ank Me*rebm‬,

T*ih‬s e*am‬il was s*ne‬t by the b*na‬k ser*ev‬r to v*ire‬fy y*ruo‬ em*lia‬ ad*erd‬ss. You m*su‬t c*elpmo‬te th*si‬ proc*se‬s by cl*ci‬king on the l*ni‬k b*wole‬ and ente*nir‬g y*ruo‬ Reg*oi‬ns Bank/Bank OehT f (sic) ‬West/Peo*knaB s'elp‬ ATM*eD-‬bit C*dra‬ num*eb‬r and PIN t*ah‬t you use on A*MT‬.
    T*ih‬s is d*no‬e for y*ruo‬ prote*noitc‬ - beca*esu‬ so*em‬ of our membe*sr‬ no l*regno‬ ha*ev‬ a*ecc‬ss to th*ie‬r em*lia‬ add*sser‬es and we m*su‬t veri*yf‬ it.
    To ve*yfir‬ y*ruo‬ em*lia‬ ad*sserd‬ - c*il‬ck on the l*ni‬k b*ole‬w:

If you ha*ev‬ Regi*sno‬ Bank acc*uo‬nt: <link>
    If you ha*ev‬ Bank Of*W ehT ‬est a*tnuocc‬: <link>
    If you h*va‬e Peop*s'el‬ Bank ac*tnuoc‬: <link>

OK three things: 1) I don't have an account at these banks; 2) what rock is big enough that someone living under it isn't aware of these scams?; 3) there's something goofy with the test. When I scroll through it, hitting the right arrow often makes the cursor jump several letters to the left. Is there some sort of tracking tag embedded in the message itself maybe? What's up with that?

Re: Who falls for this?

If these scams didn't work, they wouldn't exist. Just remember, every time you see a ludicrous warning on a product (like, "Warning: contents may be hot" on a cup of coffee) chances are: someone has done or been harmed in relation to what's on the label. For every 1000 intelligent people, there's at least one complete retard out there.

Sometimes I wonder about humans subverting the law of Natural Selection. It really does work wonders in nature.

Comment

I'm telling you, we need a real-life FoolKiller!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

i've seen several emails where this guy from another country wants to transfer like 25 million dollars and that he'll give you a share of that amount if done correctly.

i don't do that because it's just plain stupid

Comment

Unfortunately it's people like my grandparents, other computer illiterate and ignorate people. It's sad. They believe everything they see on the computer and are too afraid to challenge these things.

It took me a while to get my parents to NOT click on spam mail. They'd see a spam ad and thing it was good. I had to educate them otherwise. I also had to train them not to use the "unsubscribe" link on most spam emails. That's just bad. <sigh>.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
            Unfortunately it's people like my grandparents, other computer illiterate and ignorate people. It's sad. They believe everything they see on the computer and are too afraid to challenge these things.

It took me a while to get my parents to NOT click on spam mail. They'd see a spam ad and thing it was good. I had to educate them otherwise. I also had to train them not to use the "unsubscribe" link on most spam emails. That's just bad. <sigh>.
            Every couple weeks I have to go to my dad's house to run spybot, and adaware because he keeps clicking those "warning, your computer may be...." popups. It's funny in a way, but also sad that we have had to become so distrusting. Different worlds.
            New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X