Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman divorces man for cheating in an online video game

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe...rss_topstories

Impressive. That last comment at the end of the article really adds a nice touch.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Re: Woman divorces man for cheating in an online video game

I heard about this on the radio yesterday. It was pretty funny, partiallly due to the added commentary by the radio announcer. I guess he's now engaged to the woman he had the online affair with?
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Internet is serious business.

Comment

Fail.

Comment

Ahh the jungle of the interwebs.

Comment

EPIC FAIL...

I somewhat understand her point of view, but like RudeBoy said the last line is the real clincher.

~ Draken

Comment

Rolling on the floor laughing my butt off...

No wonder why he plays Second Life...
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

That's epic.

POE2 Developer

Comment

That's not a MAN, baby.....that's a minotaur POSING as a man! :row__520:
                  sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

My cat gets irate when visitors come to the house, but is fine with me looking at lolcats. :p
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

It's amazing how serious some people take online relationships. I had a friend with Everquest and a coworker with chatrooms that planned on getting married to people they had never actually met. I strongly advised before purchasing a ring to maybe actually meet the person in real life.

The coworker was during a summer security job where we had this easy gig watching a logistics company at night before it was absorbed by another company and shut down. They just had us there for the heck of it and encouraged us to bring in a laptop or whatever so this guy would sit and chat and I got the whole story about the love of his life, how they're getting married in a month, he's finally saved up enough money to buy a ring, a plane ticket, and get a hotel for a 2 weeks. Then came the good stuff as he was in the chat room with her, he noticed she was in a private chat with her ex-finance. I did a little digging and found out this ex-fiance was also an internet fiance however tragically he was in driving distance and she was drunk and upset this particular night(cue the dramatic music). This guy started pacing, panicking, etc. I'm trying not to laugh but the story kept getting worse, they'd met in the same chat room that her last two fiances had met her and still chatted. They'd been "dating" for 2 months, engaged for the last 3 weeks and never met in person and only spoken on the phone a handful of times. He was so upset he waged war on the other guy by attempting a flood script attack on him. It was pretty funny. This went on for about 10 hours of our 12 hour shift. Our assignment ended before I found out what happened. I'm assuming reality crept into the situation.

I'm not saying people can't develop a strong relationship with someone via the internet, but to involve deep feelings and life changing plans based on a chat client is silly IMHO.
                      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                        I'm not saying people can't develop a strong relationship with someone via the internet, but to involve deep feelings and life changing plans based on a chat client is silly IMHO.
                        Just look at the heat that can build up in the Sandbox. Romance can be just as fiery, if not more so, than politics and religion.
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X