J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

[media]http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/large_trailer2.html[/media]

From the cryptic 1st trailer I was completely unprepared for how effing bad-ass this looks. I think I have something else entertainy to look forward to next year.

sigpic

Donate Blood. Ask for a gun and a bucket.

Re: J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

Yeah the trailer was better than QoS.... I'm very interested for next years summer movies!

Comment

*drools* I can't wait to see that movie. This time I might actually spend the $9 on a ticket to go see it. It would be my first time buying a ticket in almost 5 years. :)
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Alright I'm interested...

~ Draken

Comment

I think it looks 'decent', but that I'm probably older than both Kirk and Sylar really destroy a lot of credibility.

He's the captain of the USS Enterprise, one of the largest and most advanced starships in the Federation's fleet. Do you realize how many years you have to serve to become a commander of such a vessel even today? You'll rarely find any under 40 years old. According to the movie, about five years and the keys are yours.

Terrible casting.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
            I think it looks 'decent', but that I'm probably older than both Kirk and Sylar really destroy a lot of credibility.

He's the captain of the USS Enterprise, one of the largest and most advanced starships in the Federation's fleet. Do you realize how many years you have to serve to become a commander of such a vessel even today? You'll rarely find any under 40 years old. According to the movie, about five years and the keys are yours.

Terrible casting.
            It's science fiction. Good enough for me whether or not everything follows our reality of rank and file.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I don't really know much about the movie, but I think there is another captain in charge of the Enterprise. Besides, Captain Pike (think black boxed in wheelchair beeping guy) was in charge before Kirk anyways.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                It's science fiction.
                Somewhat. Seeing as how we've been following naval tradition for well over 300 years, I fail to see why that'd stop sometime within the next 200...

Comment

I look forward to being visually stimulated and entertained by this fictional film set in the future...:row__685:

Comment

Umm there is spoilers on internet that its 5-10 years but yeah its sci fi...

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                      I don't really know much about the movie, but I think there is another captain in charge of the Enterprise. Besides, Captain Pike (think black boxed in wheelchair beeping guy) was in charge before Kirk anyways.
                      You forgot there was Captain April before Christopher Pike as mentioned by one Star Trek novel that I've read.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Isn't it amazing that this series is over 40 years old? I first watched it about 1975, and even then it was almost 10 years old.

Re the age thing: I seem to recall Shatner was referred to on the set as "the kid in the yellow shirt".
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X