Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Education secretary condemns public show with gay characters

Linkage.

So there's this show. The main character goes to Vermont for maple syrup gathering-related activities, and there are two women living together. And the new education secretary is up in arms.

It's times like this I look at 51% of America and just hang my head.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Re: Education secretary condemns public show with gay characters

That's just down-right un-American. I mean cmon.. maple syrup! I suspect evil-deeds from our neighbors to the north.

No but seriously, lesbians rock.

Comment

Any show having an episode entitled "Sugartime!" involving two lesbians and maple syrup gets the Wyzcrak Stamp of Approval.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Eh....there was a good Sat. Night Live skit about that. Be careful what you wish for. You might get Moosy and Moosier talking about the goddess and reading bad poetry to each other.

On a serious note, there's obviously a culture war going on now, with one group of people trying to shove public acceptance of homosexualty as a tomAto/tomAHto type decision down everyone else's throat, and another group trying to squash that interpretation.

I think most people just look forward to moving on to another topic.

Comment

It would be interesting to compare, three generations from now, the homosexuality affairs of today to the civil rights movement of the 20th century. Two groups judged due to indoctrination and the efforts of many to overcome that indoctrination.

Neither relies on the other to be significant, but it would be interesting once the public calms down about it all to see where the similarities are.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I think the best was the Family Guy (was it that, or another cartoon) rip-off about Bert and Ernie being gay cops (or something to that effect).

"You're yelling again Bert."

You know, it's pretty pathetic but I learned about "the birds and the bees" from "Skinemax (actually, late night HBO)" because my parents were to embarassed to talk to me about it. Score one for premium channels.

When I was younger I used to think it was Alesbian, because everyone would always say "She's a lesbian." I took it as an adjective rather than a noun, so it sounds like "She's alesbian."

I got lucky when learning about male homosexuals. Some kid was throwing around the word "faggot" in school (around 3rd or 4th grade). I asked my brother about it and got a lot more than I bargained for. "A faggot is a guy who take it in the...." I'll leave the rest up to the readers imagination.

To end this rant, STOP LETTING TV RAISE YOUR KIDS DAMN IT.

Comment

i kind of agree with that minister, this is a cartoon, not an advertisment for acceptance of gay people.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                I think the best was the Family Guy (was it that, or another cartoon) rip-off about Bert and Ernie being gay cops (or something to that effect).

"You're yelling again Bert."

You know, it's pretty pathetic but I learned about "the birds and the bees" from "Skinemax (actually, late night HBO)" because my parents were to embarassed to talk to me about it. Score one for premium channels.

When I was younger I used to think it was Alesbian, because everyone would always say "She's a lesbian." I took it as an adjective rather than a noun, so it sounds like "She's alesbian."

I got lucky when learning about male homosexuals. Some kid was throwing around the word "faggot" in school (around 3rd or 4th grade). I asked my brother about it and got a lot more than I bargained for. "A faggot is a guy who take it in the...." I'll leave the rest up to the readers imagination.

To end this rant, STOP LETTING TV RAISE YOUR KIDS DAMN IT.
                yeah but thats what is annoying, this is a cartoon, for very young kids... not being funny, but if i start telling a 4 year old about getting girls pregnant and what we actually do with the private parts, i think the police would get involved.

yes dont let tv raise your kids... but tv, stop being overt about it with very young children.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

STOP LETTING TV RAISE YOUR KIDS DAMN IT.
                  Amen, brother.. Amen.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TheFeniX
                    STOP LETTING TV RAISE YOUR KIDS DAMN IT.

Amen, brother.. Amen.
                    Damn straight. It's got enough of a bad influence on adults who are *supposed* to be wiser and more mature than kids. :icon_roll

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                      yeah but thats what is annoying, this is a cartoon, for very young kids... not being funny, but if i start telling a 4 year old about getting girls pregnant and what we actually do with the private parts, i think the police would get involved.
                      An average 4-year old can't understand the concept behind pregnancy and sex. But if it's your kid, that's your choice to make.

yes dont let tv raise your kids... but tv, stop being overt about it with very young children.
                      Monitor the shows your kid watches. The biggest problem with TV isn't what they show, but how little parents supervise it.

I just get angry over the double standard in television by the FCC. Showing graphic violence is ok, but once you mention sex: prepare to get fined to all Hell. Sex is a natural act, murder and destruction of your own kind is not.

Comment

I just get angry over the double standard in television by the FCC. Showing graphic violence is ok, but once you mention sex: prepare to get fined to all Hell. Sex is a natural act, murder and destruction of your own kind is not.
                        This bothers me to no end... And the fact that the "religious right" supports it is even worse, IMO...
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          the "religious right"...
                          *cough*republicans*cough*

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Sex is a natural act, murder and destruction of your own kind is not.
                            Actually, killing (murder) is just as natural as sex is. The only difference is, killing is acceptable but sex isnt.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                              Actually, killing (murder) is just as natural as sex is. The only difference is, killing is acceptable but sex isnt.
                              By sociatal rules maybe, but killing ones own kind goes against Natural Selection. Sure, it's acceptable when protecting you own genetic history, but most animals just don't do it.

People tend to need counseling after killing someone for dealing with the guilt, as murder goes against the natural order. You don't deal with guilt after sex (unless you're just stupid).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X