Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting - Copernicus' remains found?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting - Copernicus' remains found?

WARSAW, Poland -- Researchers believe they have identified the remains of Nicolaus Copernicus by comparing DNA from a skeleton they have found with that of hair retrieved from one of the 16th-century astronomer's books.
    Linky
    sigpic

Re: Interesting - Copernicus' remains found?

I thought it was very hard to get DNA from bones buried for so long?

Either way, I would love to see the computer generated face they have for Copernicus. :)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm suddenly reminded of Monty Python's "Decomposing Composers". :p
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Clone the great minds and send them through MIT...

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
          There are people who would clone a departed pet rather than adopt one, and I have the same feeling towards that.

There are plenty of smart people already on the planet now who can't afford MIT. Give them the scholarship. (I almost made it through 4 years there on an inheritance before I ran out of money, and was too dumb, money-wise, to acquire enough to complete. In particular, I didn't want the strings associated with such money.)

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
            There are people who would clone a departed pet rather than adopt one, and I have the same feeling towards that.

There are plenty of smart people already on the planet now who can't afford MIT. Give them the scholarship. (I almost made it through 4 years there on an inheritance before I ran out of money, and was too dumb, money-wise, to acquire enough to complete. In particular, I didn't want the strings associated with such money.)
            Off topic, but where did you end up finishing college from if it wasn't MIT?
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I didn't. No degree here.

Comment

I didn't. No degree here.
                *fumbles with mouth*

Any plans on getting one in the future?
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I would love to go back and finish, but there's two hurdles: One, I have to get through the application process again. Two, I have to pay a king's ransom in tuition. I think it's only slightly less expensive than bailing out a major bank. At the moment, I don't need the piece of paper, so the main reason to go back would be for the experience. And that probably looks bad to the admission people, who'd rather admit someone young and starry-eyed who will provide them with long years of alumni contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post

Jesus man... Lighten up.... Merely a quip...

That last part was great... Priceless...

Comment

I would love to go back and finish, but there's two hurdles: One, I have to get through the application process again. Two, I have to pay a king's ransom in tuition. I think it's only slightly less expensive than bailing out a major bank. At the moment, I don't need the piece of paper, so the main reason to go back would be for the experience. And that probably looks bad to the admission people, who'd rather admit someone young and starry-eyed who will provide them with long years of alumni contributions.
                      :icon_lol: That is so true.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X